2500 AAPL shares

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by thomfergu, Nov 1, 2006.

1. This is great advice. AAPL is one of the worst stocks to try and scalp.

#11     Nov 2, 2006
  2. Those hedge funds and cpus are nothing.

A keen eye and a quick hand win every time.

Scalp on.

#12     Nov 5, 2006
  3. HAAHAHA your kidding right ?

#13     Nov 10, 2006
  4. i think the others are right to suggest caution. no one wants to see you go through a painful blowup, and i think a lot of us speak from experience on that one....i would suggest trading smaller at first, something you feel you have a grip on, not necessarily aapl, and keep meticulous records to analyze the trade once it's done. figure out the potential downside before you put on the trade.

#14     Nov 11, 2006
  5. I suggest you think through how you will exit your position rapidly if it goes against you. Putting on a big position isn't the problem, getting rid of it is.

Seriously, if you are a total newbie just out of paper trading, start with 100-200 shares. It doesn't matter how big your account is. You don't want to ruin your head with some huge loss, which can easily happen in a stock like this. Look at the way it traded this past week. No real logic to the moves, but they were big enough to hurt.

#15     Nov 11, 2006
  6. exactly. that's the problem with aapl and all the most actives not affected by news; movements dont make much sense and charts patterns are deceivin' as hell...u may see a green bar shootin' up and u think it is momo but after one minute that very same bar turns red leavin' a long tail behind. this is typical stuff with aapl and there ain't no way to predict it. if u wanna make money in stocks i suggest u to scan a dozen every day and find charts that have short consecutive bars, makin' higher/lower highs/lows and gyrate with some predictability, no huge shadows and NOT humongous volumes: competition on less popular issues is not anywhere near as tough.

and yeah, forget about 25 lots at a click for gawd sake, dont commit more than 50shares 'till u know u are consistent: dont make sense at all to throw good money after bad when the mkt is still there tomorrow and u can slowly grow as a trader without bumpin' into huge psychological [and material, ror!] losses. as aaa said the mental impact of a series of consecutive losses can hit u so hard u may never recover.

#16     Nov 11, 2006
  7. Thanks people. I know what the risk is :) I will probably follow YOUR advice and i will start small.

#17     Nov 11, 2006