$2500- $4000 a day Players

Discussion in 'Trading' started by coolweb, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Hello,
    I've been noticing some traders are making $2-4k a day, a very respectable number imo ,

Heres what I think many of us on ET and myself would be interested in,

1) How much capital do you use to acquire this $2500-4000,
    I believe its probably around $500k-800k mininum for a 1% move usually

Or are you guys playing options?

2) How are your win loss days? You win every single day (2-4k)?
    Very consistent? 3 out of 5 days?

3) If consistent, Are you scalping?

I'm not much of a scalper but if thats what it takes to be consistent (95% days wins), then its something I will have to learn.

Thanks guys :)

2. sbird

sbird

Coolweb,

I scalp, but I don't make that type of money each month. In April I took about 50 k out of the market, May was slow, took about 30k. It is possible though, two guys in our office did that for the first four months of the year. IMO scalping is the best, you make good money and get to trade alot of shares all day long.

3. I make $6.42 cents a day currently including weekends. :) in my Forex System per 5k.

4. Learner

Learner

Well done sbird.

But you did not say how much capital used for the making. Tell us please.

5. aqtrader

aqtrader

I do a lot of day trades. Though I did not make that much, I did some simulations over 10 to 20 years of data using a few thousands of stocks and using multiple trading strategies on both market directions. A well disciplined day trader can make average $2k per day assuming:
    1. having trading capital at least $400k;
    2. win ratio is around 60.0%;
    3. average gain per trade is around 0.5 pts;
    4. paying commissions at least 10% of total gain;
    5. diversified markets and strategies; low risk.

6. and what's the leverage that you take on a capital chunk of 5k ?

7. Dan Zanger turned $11K into $40 Mill within 18 months.

Check out this tread for more info: http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50372 .

8. ozzy

ozzy

I'm sure there a few ppl here making 50K a day. Anything is possible in trading.

P.S you can also lose 50K a day trading.

9. I get that yield with 50:1 leverage and I currently have a Ratio of 1.75:1 of cash to trading. This is way to high of a ratio and I slowly moving to 3.50: 1 Cash to Trading Ratio.

You see, I split that 5k up into two accounts...one for cash earning 2.4% APR and one for Trading earning between 90-124% APR.

Michael B.

10. I get that yield with 50:1 leverage and I currently have a Ratio of 1.75:1 of Cash to Trading. This is way to high of a ratio and I slowly am moving to 3.50: 1 Cash to Trading Ratio.

You see, I split that 5k up into two accounts...one for Cash earning 2.4% APR and one for Trading earning between 90-124% APR.

You can see my Journal here:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=48230

Michael B.

#10     Jun 5, 2005