25 Years & $100 Million Profits... A to your Q's, Today Only

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gnome, Jan 1, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

I've never done options... sorry.

#61     Jan 1, 2008
  2. Outline one strategy which will produce >40% yearly returns.

#62     Jan 1, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

I haven't fished in years... but I LOVED, LOVED it when I was a kid... used to fish the Gunnison River at every opportunity... even fished the Kanetok River in Alaska once...

#63     Jan 1, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

I posted one once. You can probably find it with ET Search.. basically 5 horizontal screens.

Immediately displayed at most times are Dow, SP cash, ES, Tick, NQ, Nasdaq and NDX... + data screen and trading apps.

#64     Jan 1, 2008
  5. returns on cash... buying socal real estate LTV ratio %95 in 2000, selling in 2005.

#65     Jan 1, 2008
  6. Hi gnome,

Two questions. First, why mutual funds, and what percentage of your overall trading profitability is generated from that activity? And second, why S&P over, say, NQ? Is it a question of liquidity, or simply a matter of preferring how ES and SP move as compared to the other indexes?

Oh, and Happy New Year to everyone.

#66     Jan 1, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

Try to catch swing lows and stay with the trend. Try to recognize a "chop" market, then aggressively buy support and sell resistance... sector rotation, stuff like that.

#67     Jan 1, 2008
    deivydasra and igr like this.
  8. Hello Gnome,

First of all - thanks for the clarification of the origin of your handle. It is good to know that you are not two feet tall and that you like to wear strange hats and dress funny ... uh, " ... not that there's anything wrong with that ... " :)

Second, why were you kicked out of the mutual fund families? My background is in stocks, ETFs futures and options (a wee bit) --- I am not familiar with trading mutual funds, so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

Third, is there any reason why your mutual fund strategy (strategies) could not be carried over to closed-end funds?

Thanks, Gnome.

#68     Jan 1, 2008
  9. Do you daytrade stocks?

If so what time frames do you like to watch?

Do you use time interval charts or volume interval charts?

#69     Jan 1, 2008
  10. Are you having fun drinking some fat tire? So you know I have been trading 9, in 16 more years, do you think I will have hit 100mm in profits? :) she is in love with this car wont stop talking about it

#70     Jan 1, 2008