25 Years & $100 Million Profits... A to your Q's, Today Only

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gnome, Jan 1, 2008.

1. gnome,
    What is your favorite low risk trade (gimmick) trade with the least amount of risk/time exposure. e.g. slingshot.

This excludes your present proprietary strategy and would infer to something in the public domain that isn't exploited on a large scale to date.

No such strategy maybe available for public consumption.

No answer is fine.

Peace, health and happiness for the new year,

infolode

#31     Jan 1, 2008
  2. clacy

clacy

What markets do you trade currently and historically?

#32     Jan 1, 2008
  3. Are your stops relatively tight or loose /try you keep them out of standard stop running/? Do you place them on obvious places or try "hide" them?

#33     Jan 1, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

I would say "double bottom" or "double top" any chart time frame

#34     Jan 1, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

I trade the ES, Big SP, and mutual funds

#35     Jan 1, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Stops relatively tight. A buffer is needed, and its size is somewhat arbitrary... by example, let's say there is chart support at ES 1500... I might have my stop at 1499-1497. If the punch into support is whimpy, hopefully I won't get stopped. If it's the real deal, I don't want to be in there for too long.... somewhat of a guess as to where to place it.

#36     Jan 1, 2008
  7. That's sell the "double bottom" and buy the "double top"?

#37     Jan 1, 2008
  8. Love this answer! I've always suspected this, but never bothered to do the work to prove it.

#38     Jan 1, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

Yeah, that's it. :D

#39     Jan 1, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

What can I say... I watched them for a while and the market blew past them like they didn't matter. So, I concluded that they weren't as correlative as conventional wisdom believed.

#40     Jan 1, 2008