25 Rules of Trading Discipline

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ZAL, May 28, 2008.

1. bathrobe

bathrobe

Much, if not all of your "$2000 monthly expenses" are deductible.

#21     May 29, 2008
  2. Nah, we're a bunch of very experienced and good traders ... but there is way too much KOOL-AID out there and the guys can go overboard with their jabs at anything that is presented as being a solid system ... "just poney up the $350 to $500 a month and we can get the show on the road".

Try not to pay too much attention to them, just go about your business. The success of your system will stand on its own merit (or not) ... while I personally wouldn't sell a profitable system in a million fucking years, that doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't.

#22     May 29, 2008
  3. Traderzone,

I'm not trying to sell anything... I was being sincere. Anyway, here's the article link. It helped me a great a deal, hopefully it will do the same for some others.

http://rapidshare.com/files/118486765/Mantra.pdf.html

ZAL, let me know if there are any copyright issues. If there are, I'll remove it.

MM

#23     May 29, 2008
  4. lolz ... yes :p

#24     May 29, 2008
  5. It was available as 04282004_zalesky real audio file but now I can't find the original link; however I downloaded the 185 Mb .rm file.

#25     May 29, 2008
  6. Forget the rapid share link I posted earlier... here's the PDF attached.

#26     May 29, 2008
  7. If anyone is interested I can upload the seminar @ gigasize.

#27     May 29, 2008
  8. ZAL

ZAL

Enclosed please find my 25 Rules of Trading Discipline. I encourage you to read through them on a daily basis. Ofcourse if you don't feel that you need any discipline reminders from time to time then you can discard them.

I'll try to answer your questions in a timely manner, however, please understand if I get to some of them in a day or two.

For most traders graduating from a one lot to a two lot (via earning it) is the toughest and highest barrier to get over. Additionally, reducing your trading size from a two lot down to a one lot when your trading poorly is diificult for some to do.

Trading discipline is such hotly discussed topic because most traders (including myself) do not trade with disciplined behaviour 100% of the time. Our faults are tough to admit. However I think it's important to talk about it. Recognizing our mistakes is the first step in improving our performance.

BTW: for those of you who don't think the Bond is easier to trade than the Equity Indexes (and if your familiar with market profile) please take a look at the last 3 days of profiles: there are 8 "b" profiles since Tuesday morning and every one of them offered great short locations with at least 6 tic rotations.

#28     May 29, 2008
  9. ZAL,

After seeing a few vendors here on ET hyping their stuff, you offer the best value, keep it up !

#29     May 29, 2008
  10. eagle

eagle

After a quick look, should we compress into a few rules that will be easier to remember and obey? For example, rule #1 is the same as #16, rule #10 is the same as #15. If #10 is carefully applied then no need for #5, it never reach that rule.

Maybe following rules would be enough.

- 6 (entry)
    - 23 (entry)
    - 16 (exit or can be used to refrain from entry)
    - 10 (exit)
    - 4 (exit)

Note: Where the rule for letting the profits run? :confused:

I think we need to establish the rules for covering three topics.

- Rules for Entry
    - Rules for Holding
    - Rules for Exit

PS: The problem that many traders face as mentioned in rule #23 is because the lack of rule #10 & #15. If these rules were there then there is no hesitation in trusting our gut feeling, meaning that if something goes wrong then those two rules (or can be merged into 1) are there to encourage the trader to trust their gut feeling.

#30     May 29, 2008