25 Reasons You Might be a Liberal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Aug 17, 2008.

1. My question is when did the right become the left and when did the left become the right?

Would you have voted for the Democrat Jack Kennedy who was basically right wing as defined by today's terms? Would have vote for Republican Abe Lincoln who was basically a leftist?

#11     Aug 18, 2008
  2. Cap, I believe there used to be a big difference, but the gap has really closed.

I know MANY "liberals" here in the Land of Savior Obama's birth, and most of them subscribe to the ideas of the so-called "radical left."

Heck, some of my closest friends here are liberals. :D

Fine people for the most part, but plain moonbats in many respects.

#12     Aug 18, 2008
  3. Haps I know you love that word, otherwise you wouldn't use it as a pejorative in every post that you make. However, have you ever actually seen a bat? Was it not in the moon doing a great service to its environment?

I know that ours come every night and just skim the pool to have a sip before they go back up to eat all the parasites insects of the night world. I never actually saw any in that heat oven called Oahu. But I did see some on the Windward side of the big island. I guess my question is what do have against bats?

#13     Aug 18, 2008
  4. I don't think the gap has closed as much as how the terms are defined. Radical elements on both sides of the isle are shouting down those with some sensibility.
    While I have nothing but contempt for the radical left I must say I'm more than a little disturbed that a Reverend is moderating a presidential debate. This would be akin to having Cindy Sheehan moderating the next debate. Those on the far right can take much of the blame for the current state of affairs.

#14     Aug 18, 2008
  5. Haps ...

What's a "liberal" to you. Separate that from your frothing at the mouth of CO's term of "left wing radicals".

What is your definition of liberal?

Please.

#15     Aug 18, 2008
  6. pattersb2

pattersb2 Guest

"liberal", "radical leftists".... who cares. I've read few things that demonstrate the difference in philosophies better than an article from the WSJ.

The WSJ gave Newt Gingrich and Jerry Brown a hypothetical 10 Billion dollars, their objective, to better the world. Jerry Brown creates a new Federal Regulatory agency. Newt Gives The Money Away.

I realize some loathe Newt, But You Would Never Beat Him In An Argument. (the guy is brilliant).

Fascinating stuff:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121841486321728547.html?mod=dist_smartbrief

#16     Aug 18, 2008
  7. Man you really gotta get a life. Do you live here in this website?
    What a waste of time you spent typing all those 'opinions'. I only need one reason to be a liberal ...fairness.

#17     Aug 18, 2008
  8. Funny, that's the same reason I oppose them.

#18     Aug 19, 2008
  9. So what does this boil down to?
    Guns, Affirmative Action, and Abortion?

#19     Aug 19, 2008
  10. So you must think the game can be rigged from below easier than from above?

#20     Aug 19, 2008