25% Demo Challenge

Discussion in 'Journals' started by trading_time, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S2007S

S2007S

where do you learn to trade futures like the ES and YM, i see it mentioned on here numerous times and have researched it, but havent come across one site that shows how to trade these markets using futures like the YM or ES.

Anyone know of any good site or books?

thanks

#11     Aug 27, 2006
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

it had been awhile since I used ecry demo but I believe the demo still using most favorable fill logic, for demo to work it should used 'last in queue' logic to fill you. I see you already using the new charting feature, sweet!. I plan to use it live next week then a review to follow.

#12     Aug 27, 2006
  3. actually the charts you see in my posts are from some where else.

#13     Aug 27, 2006
  4. Although reading is good, nothing beats experience. I have never read any books. I self taught myself how to trade. Luckily I had some one to talk to as sort of a mentor I would say, was my dad. Although he has never traded futures. I think the reason why a lot of people say futures are hard, like: (if you can trade futures you can trade anything) Is because you get an initial move but then it come back to break even or even a loss before continuing it’s trend. That’s one reason why I scale out. Another thing, I DO NOT watch volume in futures. Never have, and don’t know how. I instead like to watch the stocks in the DJIA as equivalent. I hear all this talk about, oh it popped up a few ticks just to take those offer out before dropping. Well if you happened to watch the stocks they ran up too. So what is what? Futures rose causing people to buy stocks? Oh and all in a few seconds? Sounds a bit extreme to me.

#14     Aug 27, 2006
  5. S2007S

S2007S

thanks for the reply.

#15     Aug 27, 2006
  6. I was going to ask about this same thing. I know some of these demos use as use call it, "most favorable fill logic" That will definitely skew the results unless he always pays the spread.

What I don't understand is why is he using a demo account? What, he's not going to do ANY live trading for these 2 weeks? Show us a real account, not some BS demo.

#16     Aug 27, 2006
  7. not to bash the op but i have to agree; sim adventures dont interest anybody and are more or less an exercise in futility. maybe the guy just need a couple of weeks to become familiar with the platform and get some confidence and hopefully [for his own sake] he'll go live soon.

#17     Aug 28, 2006
  8. The demo works like this, ES is currently at 1297.00/1297.25 If I decide to buy here using limit order, I fill at 1297.25. The account will show no loss from the spread. If I wish to sell this very instant I cant sell at where I bought at 1297.25. I lose a tick and sell at 1297.00. And if I use market orders, I always lose a tick. The reason it does not show a loss from spread before you sell I don’t know, I think it act’s like your last sale is the current offer or bid, you cant fill there though.

:EDIT: Im going live just as soon as I can :cool:

#18     Aug 28, 2006
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

At trading_time's request this journal has been closed.

#19     Aug 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.