25-30% yearly profits, reallistic in Forex?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by crgarcia, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Applause!!!!:D

#41     Sep 3, 2007

2. The bigger problem, is the people on several other threads who are currently saying that 300-600% is quite doable and "many many people are doing it" as if things like Risk of Ruin do not apply... It is hard enough for most to do 50% a year on a sustained level. I wish the paper traders in la la land would stop congratulating themselves on 8 weeks returning 40%...

#42     Sep 3, 2007
  3. well, there is always the problem that we don't want to know about the failure stories, only the success stories... While Risk of Ruin is perfectly real, 300% is doable (more or less) but the risk is huge, and since we deal with probabilities, it may be that 80% of those who take such risks end up ruined.

#43     Sep 4, 2007
  4. This is why I have severe doubts about any vendor offering reams of Testimonials.

Like, you are going to list people who say you are a thief??? LOL

#44     Sep 4, 2007
  5. Kogelet

Kogelet

About Forex trading...

There is an old Sufi tale about a mullah (Nasruddin) who was discovered by a passer-by searching in the dust outside his house. What was he looking for, the stranger enquired. A key, said the mullah. Where did he drop it? “In the house” replied the mullah. Then why was he looking in the dust outside? Because here he was in bright sunlight, whereas in the house it was dark and difficult to see.
    It happens to us all the time. The solution to worthwhile problems is never out there in the open. The key to financial markets is elusive. It must be so - by definition. (c) Percival - The Way of the Dollar

The currencies are a pure zero-sum-game, the only one in fact. Zero-sum game - a situation in which one participant's gains result only from another participant's equivalent losses. The net change in total wealth among participants is zero; the wealth is just shifted from one to another. A stock market, however, is not a zero-sum game because wealth can be created in a stock market. In a pure zero-sum game there is no such thing as a crash. Taken as a whole, the players are never wiped out -in fact their wealth stays the same all the time. You win or lose only by playing better or worse. (c) Different sources

#45     Sep 6, 2007
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I offered to pay anyone who would say I was a theif $100 and post it here on ET. I even sent the Email out to all my ex clients. No one wanted the $100. There are some good vendors out there.

Brandon

Ps, I don't sell anything anymore.

#46     Sep 6, 2007
  7. I remember reading a few months ago that the average hedge fund return (among the funds specializing in Forex) was something like 5% annualized.

#47     Sep 7, 2007
  8. Kogelet: This is a first grade lesson: There is no such thing as a zero sum game when there are brokers involved. They always win their commisions or spreads.

The forex is just another trading instrument. Mass psychology makes it work just like the rest of the instruments out there most of the time. And that's it. The fact it's unregulated makes possibile for anybody to open up an account with as little as 250$ and have a go at it.

Needless to say, that this is not an advantage for most of the people, as forex too, requires trading skills that are mastered over time. This implies that you also have some money gathered. And if you have money, you can choose from a variety of instruments, be it stocks, commodities, spot or derivative.

#48     Sep 7, 2007
  9. nonlinear: the 5% is an average of the funds out there. Some are good, some are bad. Most funds, to protect capital, invest small amounts as percentage as to not wipe out client's money and were affected by this year's asian and us market instability.

A private trader always has an edge over a hedge fund. That edge is the freedom to invest as much capital as he sees fit in order to achieve a financial goal. Also, a trader can get in and out of a market at once, a fund can't.

#49     Sep 7, 2007
  10. saras

saras

You are liar, you didn't send anything. At that time I was member of your scam site position4profit and didn't get neither this e-mail nor any word from you where the hell you gone with my money.

#50     Sep 7, 2007