25-30% yearly profits, reallistic in Forex?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by crgarcia, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Not risikier per se, but a lot easier to leverage up. The risk comes from not understanding the power and risk of leverage. Many "play" forex at 50x or 100x and blow up their accounts every now and then.

Remember the -7% overnight AUDJPY move just 2 weeks ago? That must have annihilated 100,000's of leveraged retail Forex accounts in just 12 hours.

#11     Aug 27, 2007
  2. NomuraFX

NomuraFX

Actually forex is quite risky.

But i am quite conservative.

#12     Aug 27, 2007
  3. joemiami

joemiami Guest

I've been trading forex with ACM out of Zurich Switzerland for over a yr now, and do a consistent 50-60 percent PER MONTH. Yes, it CAN BE DONE !!

#13     Aug 27, 2007
  4. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Oh I forgot to mention....I trade intraday. I started with a $50k acct and 50-75:1 leverage. I trade mostly EUR/USD and EURO/YEN pairs at night starting around 12:30AM NY time.(I live in Southbeach,Miami) and finish up around 3:30-4AM. Then go to sleep till 12 noon...get up ...go to beach :D :D :D :D :cool: God...I hate my job....LOL :D

#14     Aug 27, 2007
  5. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Just one more thing...Im a technical analysis trader. Mainly.... support & resistance, pivot pts, and bollinger bands together with RSI. So those brainless "it cant be done " people ....I laugh at them and laugh all the way to my bank. This system i learned from investopedia.com. Check out their section on forex. And I always use stops to cut any losses. Money mgmt is very important when ur using alot of leverage like is offered in Forex. FXCM offers higher leverage but that makes it even more riskier...not what i would advise when ur just starting out in forex.

#15     Aug 27, 2007
  6. BJL

BJL

awsome dude, so now you have 14mln+ in the swiss bank?

#16     Aug 27, 2007
  7. Great. Then you wouldn't mind posting some trades ahead of time in this thread to evidence your ability to do so. Then we can see whether or not you have this ability. At least 30 is considered a starting point for statistical significance. We will be waiting. If you refuse then well, it kind of puts you in the category of "talk is cheap."

#17     Aug 27, 2007
  8. joemiami - what % of capital are you generally risking per trade?

#18     Aug 27, 2007
  9. da-net

da-net

I read the threads on the boards that interest me and have noticed that you appear to have taken on the role of antagonist. I have not read all of your posts, but lately in your postings you appear to be very critical of others. Perhaps that is your nature to question things, which I think is good until it is taken too far.

I do not get it...perhaps you can clarify ...WHY should he post trades before or as he places them? What does he have to gain?

I can understand if you are personally willing to compensate him for his sharing of his knowledge and skill with you, but unfortunately no mention of compensation was addressed. Since you are the one requesting that information I think you should be willing to pay for it, if he provides you with entry exit points especially if they are profitable.

#19     Aug 27, 2007
  10. So 50-60% each month amounts to about 3% each day. Assume 250 trading days per year, with daily compounding, he must have well over 78 mio. in his account.

With a system found on investopedia.

#20     Aug 27, 2007