24 single looking to go full time into day trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by contro, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Contro,

I am going to tell it to you straight. Listen to yourself. You have the typical attitude of all young people these days. I am entitled to great success and I don’t really want to work for it. You are wishy washy about college because you see no real payoff today because you want success now just like all your peers. I think of the movie lions for lambs where Redford says to the student: “You are an adult before you even realize it. When you have already made a dozen decisions not realizing how important they are. And the opportunities you have now may or may not be there later in life when you finally realize they were important.” Rent the movie and think about this because this is you but even farther behind than his student who got this lecture. Look at the facts: You are undercapitalized, have no plan for trading or life, but think it will all work out. Life owes you NOTHING. Just the opportunity to apply your skills and work hard or smart or both and make a success of yourself. You have no business trading at this point. Trading in all its forms will be here later. You don’t have the knowledge now. Save some money and figure out what you want out of life. Then go get it.

Having said that, it is not too late for you (it never is but most give up). Decide what your passion is and pursue it with your heart and soul, whatever it is. Most don’t and live lives of quiet desperation. If you do that, every thing else will take care of itself. I would strongly recommend going to college. You are far better off with it than without it, even if it seems to hold little value to you now. You can do your computer business on the side and give yourself 3-4 years to figure out what you want to do with life and where your passions lie. You can get through with a minimum of debt in your situation if you work at it. Yeah, WORK at it. You don’t have to get into 50k of debt to get a degree. Don’t use the money as an excuse to not go as some do. You will regret it. I have never met someone who regretted having that piece of paper and IMHO it will become more important in the future. But I have met a lot who didn’t go to college and sooner or later regretted it. Think about this yourself and think about the people in your life and you will see this played out in real life. The facts about whether going to college is in your best interest are irrefutable. So are the statistics against you as a trader. I hope you take them into account in your decision.

You just don’t know what you don’t know and by the time you figure it out, it is too late for most people. Now the grand finale. You will get plenty of advice here and most of it is questionable or outright bad (including mine). But it is your job to figure out the wheat from the chaff. Welcome to adulthood. Remember all decisions have consequences.

Best of luck and take responsibility for yourself.

Edit: Your last post is exactly what I was talking about above. I am entitled to free college. Why should I work for it? That attitude will eventually backfire and you will be left behind IMHO. Just more evidence you won't learn anything from your thread.

BM

#161     Jan 5, 2010
  2. mr.az

mr.az

alright,currently I'm trading live with Oanda

small amount as I don't have any income yet

by the way I'm not from the states so I guess our education system are different

if you do have a blackberry,add me up on the BBM

#162     Jan 5, 2010
  3. contro

contro

I have seen the movie your talking about I enjoyed it. I agree trading is not for me yet, I do eventually want to do it. I do realize how important having college under my belt is.

#163     Jan 5, 2010