24 single looking to go full time into day trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by contro, Jul 8, 2009.

1. contro

contro

I am 24 single, still live at home with parents. I own my own computer business though the money I get from it is not enough for me to go fulltime into running it. I have an e*trade account and I have a small amount of stock in Intel AMD, GE, WOR, BAC, and MDRNA and by small i mean like 10-20 shares in them 40 in GE enrolled in a DRIP. I have seen all the stocks I have purchased go down from the price I paid for them. I have signed up for an account with http://www.treasurydirect.gov/tdhome.htm but have no money in it yet.

I am in the process of learning options and I am having a difficult time learning it sort of I mean I understand it somewhat but I just find some of the things confusing.
    I have been to Investopedia.com and http://education.optionseducation.org/.

I think I really want to go into day trading, I dont have much saved up aside from the amount of money I have been putting from my paychecks at my day job into my e*trade account usually $200-$300 every two weeks.

So my question is should I go into it, should I stick to what I am doing? Any guides you can provide me with or advice on what I should do?

2. get an education then try to trade so you have something to fall back on.

3. aegis

aegis

I agree. I went back to school at 22 and it was the best decision I've ever made. I finished my bachelors in 2.5 years and I'm now pursuing a masters in accountancy. If trading doesn't work out for me, I could always get a gubment job to fall back on.

At 24, you're considered independent and will qualify for financial aid and federal loans. The $200-300/week that you've been earning simply isn't enough to provide a good cushion. You need at least $25k.

4. contro

contro

I make around $36,000/year $18/hr. $200-$300 is what I have been putting in my e*trade account. Iam seriously considering going back to school College that is.

5. contro

contro

I am single and I do still live at home with parents, I mention above what I am making, I went to a Technical school after High School, so I have some education but it was for Computers. I was thinking of going back to school for either business or Information Systems but I am not sure yet. Do I still qualify as an independent for financial aid?

6. dealmaker

dealmaker

At your age you can't go wrong with going back to college if, you don't you will regret it later.

7. contro

contro

I keep on contemplating if it is a waste of time or not for me I will seriously consider going to college I see no other way out of these jobs. I thought of college as a waste of money but you guys are showing me that it really isn't. So I ask you this should I go to college or should a go to a school for learning stocks and the such?

8. GET A COLLEGE DEGREE!

At some point in your life it will bite you in the ass and you will not get a position over someone who has a degree.

***Do what YOU believe in, and DO NOT listen to the horseshit on this message board.***

Trading is not going anywhere and will always be there.

9. OffTilt

OffTilt Guest

What is stopping you from taking your computer business to the next level?

10. aegis

aegis

At age 24 you're automatically considered independent no matter what your financial or housing situation is. You'll also qualify for FAFSA loans.

#10     Jul 9, 2009