24 Signs That All Of America Is Becoming Just Like Detroit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by phenomena, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Gotta love the ole retraining line. I guess we can retrain how to live off the land, without cars, utilities, and college like cavemen. No more bills. Sounds great to me.

#11     Dec 8, 2010
  2. Thanks to Obama, the Democrats, and the unions! [​IMG]

#12     Dec 8, 2010
  3. Hmmmm, anyone else notice the specific states mentioned? All the crime, layoffs, poverty, etc and with the exception of 2 examples (in Georgia and Arizona) they were all carried by Obama in the 2008 election!

Here are the states that went “blue” on Election Night, 2008:

California
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida
    Hawaii
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Maine
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina
    Ohio
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Washington
    Wisconsin
    District of Columbia

http://www.getlisty.com/preview/states-obama-won/

Fucking change you can believe in!!!!

#14     Dec 8, 2010
  4. Can you be that simple minded? Let's stick with CAT becasue it's such a perfect example of what's happening.
    Do you know that CAT has had a two tier hiring system for over a decade? New hires make substancially less in pay and benefits. A Journeyman Machinist starts at around 15 bucks an hour in the Aurora, IL. plant. 15 bucks an hour for a skilled trade! That wasn't a decent wage 10 years ago, and it sure as shit isn't now. Can you live on 30K a year? Do it as an individual, let alone a family? Yet even with all these cuts, it's still cheaper to do business overseas. How in the hell can we compete with that? We can't!
    Unions have been a non-issue for better than 20 years. Your buddy Ronnie Rayguns broke them, and they've been broke since. Wages for the blue collar worker have been flatlined for decades. Benefits have been slashed accross the board, and it still cost more to manufacture here than overseas. There's nothing left to cut, and there's nowhere left for these workers to go.
    What you just don't seem to get, is that without a robust and prosperous working class, the entire country goes down over time. And guess what slick, you're going with it, whether you think you are, or not.

#15     Dec 8, 2010
  5. Let’s say I need to build a factory and pick a location for it. Well, if I place my factory on U.S. soil I need to worry about B.S. sexual harassment lawsuits, other B.S. lawsuits (I slipped and fell and my coffee was too hot, so I’m suing for $50 mil in damages). I need to worry about the EEOC and/or Jesse Jackson barging in my doors and shaking me down over a ‘lack of sufficient diversity in the workforce’. I need to worry about the EPA shutting me down because I’m supposedly not doing enough to protect the habitat of the white-shelled river slug. I've also got stacks of needless regulatory red-tape paperwork to deal with, and must hire an army of lawyers & bureaucrats to handle it.

If I open my factory in China or Indonesia I don’t have to worry about any of these needless hassles- I can just build the factory and get the work done. America has become uncompetitive due to too much interference from sleazy lawyers and even sleazier government regulators interfering with the natural flow of business, and Atlas is shrugging. I blame these factors far more than any union.

#16     Dec 8, 2010
  6. Hello

Hello

Good Post

I sent you a PM

#17     Dec 8, 2010
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I do blame the unions as well, but you're absolutely right.

#18     Dec 8, 2010
  8. Listen and learn ...folk.

#19     Dec 8, 2010
  9. All true, and add the slave wages into the mix, there's no reason to do business in America. We simply cannot compete on any level. Without some great new technological revolution on the horizon, one that most everyone can participate in, we're done. Stick a fork in the U.S.

#20     Dec 8, 2010