24 hour trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by davidcamm, Sep 30, 2008.

1. I like to trade indices and eminis that are busy most days, does anyone have a list of these that I could try?

I currently trade the ES, fesx, tf emd, fdax, nq, 6e and the Z

I have noticed that the Z 12-08 has gone very quiet this last 10 days it used t be busy anyone know why?

Trade is slow in Europe until the USA markets open, does anyone know what markets I could trade from 3am Eastern Time USA to 2.30 pm eastern time USA

2. triggger

triggger

why would anyone need more than one liquid market

serious question :confused:

3. Euro-Schatz Futures (FGBS)
    Euro-Bobl Futures (FGBM)
    Euro-Bund Futures (FGBL)

4. Thanks Chuck, I'll try those out.

Trigger, I ave spent the last 4 months trying a demo account with Ninja Trader, I used to trade stocks with etrade but I am hooked on the indices now as I find them easier to trade. I don't work so have a lot of time to est strategies and stops on different narkets, from 8am Uk time, I spend about 16 hours trading and learning how different markets react.

That's why I need to know about other markets, I love the fdax, es and TF, the Z 12-08 used to be good until recently, it seems to have gone really quiet.

Thanks for any advice :)

5. Thanks for the pointer

Any idea what are the symbols with IB?

Thanks

6. Chuck those 3 indices are great, nice and busy, just how I like them, if you have any more let me know, thanks.

7. how abt forex?

8. CBuster

CBuster

hey - u know that none of those 3 futures are indices right? they are all futures on different maturity German government bonds

9. hey - u know that none of those 3 futures are indices right? they are all futures on different maturity German government bonds

Hi Mr Cbuster, thanks for the point, you seem to know things, what is the difference between an index, indice, emini and future?

Thanks

10. CBuster

CBuster

ur joking right?

index = indices. generally refers to an composite index of stocks. eg SP 500, Nasdaq Comp, FTSE 100, etc etc

e-mini = electronically traded future with smaller point values ($ per contract point) than their "big brother" counterparts. eg ES = mini SP = $50 per point. SP = $250 per point

future = derivative price instrument based on the anticipated price of some underlying good or commodity on some future date.

#10     Sep 30, 2008