24/7 Trading and execution

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by MarkBrown, Aug 30, 2018.

1. I`m moving to the same time zone as the op is this year, if he`s in the US.But that`s not really necessary.You can hire a co-op in the same time zone.

#11     Aug 30, 2018
  2. You are not able to automate this monitoring task? If you can let the computer take care of it you could sleep 24/7 (minus a bit of time to verify that the computer is doing the right things).

#12     Aug 31, 2018
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

think murphy's law squared to infinity. automation is not the problem.

a backhoe can take out a fiber line, satellites have burned out, lightening strikes, generator fails, erroneous data, sickness, car wreck's, software updates, hardware failure, clearing firm theft, communication outages these are a few of my favorite things.

#13     Aug 31, 2018
  4. And people can make mistakes, screwups, have a mental blackout making them push the wrong buttons. Or plainly are mad at the world and want to take revenge on their bosses, companies, customers (you!), their ex-GF's and their mother-in-law. These are just the obvious shortcoming of demotivated individuals. I let you consider all potential other things that people can do, creating havoc with everything that is dear to you.

#14     Aug 31, 2018
    iprome and SteveH like this.