22K in one week...?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by StockyIrishman, Jun 9, 2007.

1. jtnet

jtnet

which charting package

#11     Jun 9, 2007
  2. eSignal has good historical data across many markets - stocks, futures, forex, etc.

It has also a much bigger capacity if you need to track many symbols (say more than a few hundreds) in real-time.

In short, using a real-time data vendor service has its advantage over using just data from your brokerage but not necessarily an important factor for you.

For example, if your trading style allows for slower reaction time (say, 5 min bar basis), and you track only a few symbols, then you may find brokerage data is perfectly acceptable.

Personally, I work with tick data a lot, that makes eSignal a pretty good research tool for me because I can access its historical tick data for any symbol that pops into my mind.

#12     Jun 9, 2007
  3. Isn't eSignal just a data vendor?

Mark

#13     Jun 9, 2007

4. Hmmmmm....... i dont mean to rain on anyones parade here but i really do not think there is any way you can generate a 200% return in a week without some form of gambling, only thing i can think of is arbitrage or else putting it down as a deposit so you can leverage the hell out of it and day trade, providing you have some way of trading where you are always positive.

The amount of risk you have to put up on an 11k account to return 200% in a week with overnights will also wipe you out in 1 bad trade.

Believe me i tried to return the same amount on a similar account size and wiped it out real quick :D

So really it is impossible to generate that level of return without gambling as you are hoping that every single trade goes your way.

Someone whose a better/more knowledgeable trader than me please correct me if im wrong, but i think you would be hard pressed to find more than 3 different stocks in a week that were not either A)Highly speculative, or B) Penny/Pink sheet stocks. Which went up over 200%

I would be willing to bet that if you asked any trader from the PNL thread who has made 22k in a week before wether or not they have ever lost that much in a week they would have numerous examples, except for szeven who is a machine :D And most of these traders have much more money backing them.

#14     Jun 9, 2007

5. I said that one could definitely do it with futures. A skilled, high-frequency intraday trader (i.e., not holding overnight) can generate that kind of return while controlling his risk on each trade.

Respectfully, what can be done and what is prudent to do are different questions, and just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

#15     Jun 9, 2007
  6. I've started to make $2,640+ per year guaranteed with Esignal!

This is a fact.

I dumped them a couple months back & am now pocketing the $220+/month that I was giving them. Now my bottom line has increased over $2500 per year!

After years of using them, I realized how little I was getting.

#16     Jun 9, 2007
  7. Got to have it to connect to many 3rd party software venders and back fill data for those application.

If you can not afford the 300-400 bones a month than you should not be trading. very little overhead to generate the bottom line you can in this trading business.

I have a second data vendor for back up that runs me 200 a month and have not used it is all year but when you need it it is worth the cost. Gotta spend money to make money.

#17     Jun 9, 2007
  8. RL8093

RL8093

I agree w/ Jango. It's very doable, at least in equity options. Daytrading or swingtrading options in the 2 weeks before expiration - it doesn't even strike me as a huge stretch.

One of the things that is quite regular on ET is for posters to rely heavily on their own experiences to project what can / cannot be done rather than realizing that there are many different trading styles & approaches as well as levels of experience. What may seem impossible to a person in their 2nd year trading can become 'normal' to someone who has worked hard & put in the hours to find and refine a viable 'edge'.

#18     Jun 9, 2007
  9. What filter do you use to find stocks with options that could jump in the last week or two before expiration? Do you have any technicals you can suggest?

#19     Jun 12, 2007
  10. at no point did i ever say it was not doable it is definately doable, but you will also be gambling, the kind of risk you have to take to attain 300% in a week is the same type of risk that will blow your account out in one trade. If you are talking about leveraging it 10k and day trading that really is a completely different story, here we are referring to standard 4-1 leverage. If you were referring to day trading i really doubt they would talk about the guys initial capital because it doesnt matter.

#20     Jun 12, 2007