225 death watch

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trader225, Jul 17, 2007.

1. I admit it looks bad.
    I'm down around 5K, can't tell for sure because at time like this I lose my ability to do simple arithmetic. Ask down to --48.00. Let's see what happens.

#31     Jul 17, 2007
  2. empee

empee

i think its a good trade. I think its going to flush lower before the open, why not? Plus they'll gap everything extreme down ...

reminds me of a saying, trading is like throwing up, you hate it when your doing it but it sure feels better when the its over :)

Good luck, but be prepared for the spikes down before you see if you get your move.

#32     Jul 17, 2007
  3. Spare us with this hokey troll drivel.

You're making decisions on a 50 lot based on Globex DOM at some arbitrary overnight hour? I suppose if someone spoofs a 3000 car bid at 2am you'll get mega-bullish and double down?

#33     Jul 17, 2007
  4. No, if someone puts 3000 on the ask I'd buy lower because that will scare the people.

#34     Jul 17, 2007
  5. Buyers are coming. Better bid.

#35     Jul 17, 2007
  6. For what it's worth I wish you the best. Just took a peak at the Asian market, Nikkei 225 down ,205 on bloomberg. Haven't seen the Shangai index, but seeing as how market move in tandem worldwide hmm. Looks like you could easily test 46 ish. Like I said good luck.

#36     Jul 17, 2007
  7. Hey dandxg, this site is pretty good if you want to take a quick peek at the foreign markets....

http://www.allstocks.com/markets/World_Charts/world_charts.html

I put it on my favorites list and check it every once in a while.

#37     Jul 17, 2007
  8. Trader225, just a warning.

sounds like you're getting emboldened and fancy "taking on the markets" . your trading seems like you're just loading the boat for the hell of it; and talking up your book, making small inferences (hoping) certain bids/offers make your position look better/worse i.e. bids coming in , depth etc.

bail out of your trade, take whatever loss you have. i don't think, personally, it's a high probability trade to be getting long that size at a top tick in the market that is clearly getting rejected.

close out, go to bed, and don't trade for a couple days.

again; i see in your comments, some of the "take on the market, with size" mentality and you are building opinions here , sitting on a slug of ES at an illiquid time period.

spare yourself, get a good night of rest, and sell. all.

#38     Jul 17, 2007
  9. Clear resistance at 1550.00.
    I have placed sell orders for 5 each at 1/4 pt. intervals from 1551.00 to 1553.50, keeping 1 for a souvenir. To sleep now.

#39     Jul 17, 2007
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

range 49.50 - 50, you should be able to unload them all at 50:)

#40     Jul 17, 2007