22 things you need to know about trading from Vic Niederhoffer

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marketsurfer, May 2, 2013.

1. zdreg

zdreg

is it too much for you to do a google search or is it a lack of capability?

http://business.highbeam.com/436100...iederhoffer-confirms-tentative-settlement-cme

" Business information > Business articles > Journals
    FWN Select
    Trader Niederhoffer confirms tentative settlement with CME.

Article from: FWN Select | November 16, 2001 | Copyright
    inShare

Nov 16, 2001

Trader Victor Niederhoffer on Friday confirmed a tentative settlement has been reached in his more than $100 million lawsuit filed 2 1/2 years ago against the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. Niederhoffer, now a private speculator in Norwalk, Conn., said that he was barred from disclosing the terms of the tentative agreement, but called it "mutually satisfactory" for himself and the CME. According to a quarterly report filed by the CME with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Niederhoffer, Niederhoffer Investments Inc. and several commodity pools controlled by Niederhoffer filed suit against the CME in May 1999. The exchange, the filing said, … "

#21     May 3, 2013
  2. The guy is an American hero--although flawed---but who isn't flawed? he climbed from the working class to wealth on his own and via speculating . Who else can boast Soros as an investor-- not to mention the other big money names who invested with him? There are serious lessons to learn from the ex-professor both what to do and what not to do. Any trader who dismisses his value is foolhardy. surf

#22     May 3, 2013

3. A little slow on on uptake, aye? Lets just say my closeness to the subject matter makes me uncomfortable talking about the exact details.

#23     May 3, 2013

4. Yep, that's how I found it. Thanks for the heads up! surf

#24     May 3, 2013
  5. zdreg

zdreg

flawed, you say. why don't you post his track record?
    even soros makes a mistake, on occasion. why not compare neiderhoffer to jim rogers, who worked with soros made money and continues to make money? rogers is a true american hero.

#25     May 3, 2013
  6. zdreg

zdreg

nearly every con job has an air of mystery attached and a sense of exclusivity,

#26     May 3, 2013
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Why, do you think they used an actress? Sure she exists, lives in Tennessee, donates to African charities.

And what is Soros' son's trading record?

#27     May 3, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D :D

#28     May 3, 2013
  9. cornix

cornix

OK, what's meant to be "drift"? Overall inclination of stocks to grow?

#29     May 3, 2013
  10. You have a strange idea of American hero. There are quite a few money managers who have done better than he, but I still would never throw around the phrase "American hero" for what they have done.

#30     May 3, 2013