22" lcd question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by listedguru, Dec 18, 2008.

1. I need to add another monitor to my trading rig for charting. This would be replacing a regular (4:3) 19" LCD. I've been going back and forth between a 22" and a 24" LCD. I really only need a tad more width (compared to my current 19") so I'm thinking that the 22" might do the trick (it's cheaper to boot). I really don't need any more height than the 19" currently provides...

Am I correct in my thinking that the 22" would give me around the same height I have now and more width?

-Guru

P.S. I've seen some 22" acer's going for dirt cheap recently (3 year warranty to boot)...

2. Schaefer

Schaefer

A regular 19" (4:3) would have a resolution of 1280 x 1024. A 22" would have a resolution of 1680 x 1050. So you're correct, the height would be about the same, but you would have more width.

Schaefer

PS: I have 3 Acers ( 2 x 20", & 1 x 24") for a couple of years now, and have had absolutely no problems, or dead pixels. However, they're TN panels, so viewing angles are not that great, but for trading, they're great.

3. Yes.
    I just bought a new Dell 22" last month and the width is exactly the same as my other 19" displays.

4. yea on bensbargains saw a few ones for only 150! wow....

5. gnome

gnome

22" = 1680x1050

24" = 1920x1200

Significant difference.

6. Thanks for the input. I know that the 24" provides a lot more real estate but I'm thinking whats the use if I don't need that added space. As I mentioned before I just need a little more width for my charting....

If I find a great deal on a 22" I might snag it and see if it works. I can always return it for a 24":)

-Guru

7. Tums

Tums

don't get a 24"!

Once you tried a 24"... you will become a snob. You will look down at everything else.

8. gnome

gnome

More screen real estate is sort of like money... you can always find a use for it.

9. Well I already have (1) 24" so I know how nice they are. I'm just debating if I really need another one (LOL)...

10. J J aapl

J J aapl

i second that.. especially when u have lots of charts.. u can fit a lot more on the 24's since the res is bigger..

30" ftw :)

#10     Jan 24, 2009