21st Century Mobile Trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hanseng1, Apr 17, 2004.

1. This is a sort of extension to my hardware thread "Wi-fi Trading." I looked into wi-fi, and it is far too limited/unreliable for my purposes (we have a Starbucks on our ground floor, however, and I will use it for a backup connection). I am starting to lean towards a cell phone dial-up connection (such as through T-Mobile). Since I swing trade and enter on intraday data, having streaming data is important, but having a lag of a few seconds isn't too big of a deal.

I am also trying to "ween" myself off of Tradestation and their monthly fees. This means I need a separate data provider.

I trade some stocks, futures, and forex. I am leaning toward IQFeed because of their low price, but I am also curious about using my TWS feed for futures. Does Quotetracker work well to get continuous data (does Quotetracker back-adjust?)?

Where this gets complicated is I would like to set up some sort of web server that can show a streaming chart of my accumulated data for all my trading vehicles for access through a remote Pocket PC or Palm. I basically want access to my data from any remote location without having to purchase multiple feeds.

Any suggestions on directions I could take to accomplish this? I am somewhat proficient in Visual Basic, but I am willing to learn other languages that may help my task. My programming software is currently limited to Visual Studio .net.

Thanks