21 year old beginner.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mailman12, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Don't trust his words, paper trading is useless, paper trading is a waste of time.

but don't trust my words.

#11     Mar 12, 2012
  2. 2000 hours of getting straight up kicked in the balls, 2000 hours of getting punched in the face, 2000 hours learning how to stand, 2000 hours of learning discipline, and 2000 hours learning to knock the other guy out.

Total 10,000 hrs go.

and thats just the beginning . Now you have to learn how to stay on top.

#12     Mar 12, 2012
  3. speero

speero

I used to think the same thing - but I believe you're incorrect.

Papertrading creates habit. It doesn't give you any indication of what success will be like in trading, but if you're a daytrader it helps with skillsets like hotkeys, pattern recognition, and execution.

Overall trading ability is hindered only because there are no psychological barriers.

#13     Mar 12, 2012
  4. Don't believe him either, he is a paper trader.

#14     Mar 12, 2012

5. Put up or shut up,

I clearly stated in CL thread that I was only posting a few sim trades testing some new stuff. I also stated I don't post live trades because I don't need to be fighting my ego during the day as well as focus on trading.

This is from TF , NQ, CL, GC today. How did you do?

#15     Mar 12, 2012
  6. This is good advice. There are people who can make money consistently from price action and price patterns. Price has its own logic on how it wants to move, whether in its trending phase, trading range phase, the manner patterns are created, and the frequency and likelihood of all these phases that occur in various time frames.

#16     Mar 12, 2012
  7. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/85lpWoESHUM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#17     Mar 12, 2012
  8. Shanb

Shanb

Take advantage of your friend that is starting the hedge fund! Do whatever you can to get him to help you out. Offer to work as an intern, help him with grunt work etc. If you follow the advice of 90% of the people on this board it will hinder you rather then help you. In fact stay away from this site until you have a general idea of what you are doing!

#18     Mar 12, 2012
  9. Amen

#19     Mar 12, 2012
  10. "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's property [nor his margin trading account thru online trading]"

#20     Mar 12, 2012