21 Straight Profitable Months

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by showtime23, Sep 7, 2002.

1. I just talked to a prop trading firm that opened a new office in midtown manhatten (They are part of a larger institutional s&t firm) and they tell me that they have been profitable for the past 21 months. They also wanted me to put up some capital. Does this sound legit?

2. If I know that then I can help.

3. chasmann

chasmann

"they tell me that they have been profitable for the past 21 months. They also wanted me to put up some capital"
    Perhaps they will remain profitable as long as someone keeps putting up some capital.

4. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

or as long as they can rip you off on commissions- yeah and its ONLY 1.5 cents/ share on my 25K- check the details, man....

5. OHLC

OHLC

>I just talked to a prop trading firm that opened a new office in midtown manhatten <

Do you mean the firm with a homepage starting with :
    "We are a professional trading group located in midtown Manhaten N.Y.C"
    ??

If so, you might want to contact StOckman, I think he advertised on ET last week.

I dont know how to PM a member directly, but if you do a 'search'
    for the following :

"it is an andover office in up town manhatten."

then you will find StOckman's post and you will be able to access his profile.

My opinion is that anyone should be suspicious of any firm locating its website on Geocities and filling it with advertisement...
    Looks like the firm cant afford the few dollars a month required to pay for the site maintenance :(
    Just my opinion...

OHLC

6. OHLC

OHLC

Now that I think about it, anyone should be suspicious of a firm whose webmaster is unable to spell "Manhattan" properly.

OHLC