20k to 500k

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pjmalcolm1, Feb 21, 2007.

1. virgin

virgin

Right, OptionCoach !

You must be a big optimist (dreamer) to believe you can turn 20K into 500K in a year as a newbie.

Possible, yes, probable ,no

I would rank the probability of that happening equal to winning the lotery, success anyway :cool:

If you can end your first year with more than your initial 20 K, you have achieved what most don't achieve

#41     Feb 21, 2007
  2. I was a newbie 3 years ago. So, it is possible. It took me 3 years., to go from 20k to 500k. It might take him more or less. I don't know. It might be never...

Like in every other thing in life, luck helps... That's for sure...
    That being said, besides a short period of time (3 or 4 months) were I lost some money from my initial capital, I was making consistently good money (for me at least) since then. Is it going to last? I think it will. Can I guarantee it? NO!!!

Cheers

#42     Feb 21, 2007
  3. If your are not successful in other persuits in your life, you will probally not be in trading. If you are a 90 lb weakling turned babe magnet, you might have a shot.

#43     Feb 21, 2007
  4. LOL.

Not into babes. I prefer Women myself. LOL.

#44     Feb 21, 2007
  5. Sorry, your are too young to remember the Atlas ads in Boys Life? Gotta remember, everyone doesn't get context..... :D

#45     Feb 21, 2007
  6. O h I remember the Atlas Kid... I used to read Archie Comics and the atlas ad was always in the front.

But then that 90lb weakling was a teenager and babes was his focus. I am a touch older than that immature little boy and I prefer women.

Babes are trouble and they will knock you off yer trading game. Women make making the money fun :)

:p

For those who are 2 young....

[​IMG]

#46     Feb 21, 2007
  7. subban

subban

all out gambling with options, then maybe you have a chance.

#47     Feb 21, 2007
  8. So you are the gray hair guy in the importance commercial! Boom chick a bow bow!!!

I knew he had a babe-woman dilemma! Good trading to you!

#48     Feb 21, 2007
  9. ROFL. My wife and I cracking up. a moderate trading day in stocks and a good day in futures, this is total comedy relief. Nah, I am in my 30's

I am the guy who had it all and lost it all and is using common sense this time around to KEEP it all.

#49     Feb 21, 2007
  10. slee11

slee11

definately possible, but not likely.

Google Tim Sykes.

Read one of those recommended books about trading, and go ahead start trading if you really wanna give it a shot. Good luck. Just don't complain when you start losing money.

#50     Feb 21, 2007