20in 2005FPW vs. 20in 2001FP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RXIS, Jul 21, 2005.

1. gnome

gnome

The 2005 distorts graphics... squishes them.

I think the 2005 has always been cheaper because it's an oddball resolution... somebody probably screwed up, so they have to sell them cheaper to clear out inventory... and maybe there's lots of inventory? (Also, the size of the screen is smaller due to aspect ratio.)

2005 is probably good for market charts, however, for side-by-side display.

#11     Jul 22, 2005
  2. gnome

gnome

Sheesh. Can't you wait until the start of the trading day to get loaded?

#12     Jul 22, 2005
  3. RXIS

RXIS

its more than 799 because I added some upgrades.

Great! Looks like I'm screwed.
    This week blows!
    It cost more for the 2001 (preferred model) but I figured I'd just go ahead with the 2005. Shouldn't be a problem, hopefully. I may take a look at the difference at the Dell store in the mall. It actually a kiosk that is rented from the mall but the salesppl get pretty angry if you call it a kiosk.

If I banked on Ebay yesterday I wouldn't have even cared and I would have just bought the damn monitor that I wanted, but I didn't have a computer to trade on.

#13     Jul 22, 2005
  4. RXIS

RXIS

The 20.1 widescreen is still larger than the 19 inch right? If so, I'm satisfied enough. I plan on getting ahold of some additional monitors in the future. I wonder which will pair up well with the widescreen.

I'll be hooking up an addistional crt monitor for now.
    That would leave me with one spare crt monitor.
    Should I try to hook up multiple monitors using the widescreen and 2 crts?

I have a dell LR800 with a crt that I'm trying to fix and install XP on. I could use that spare monitor and connect it to the old desktop. Hopefully, It could handle two monitors.

#14     Jul 22, 2005
  5. gnome

gnome

The total square inches of the 2005 is less than the 1905 because of the shape of the screen.

#15     Jul 22, 2005
  6. RXIS

RXIS

oh no.

#16     Jul 22, 2005
  7. Sure. If I had to choose between one 20" 4:3 and one 23" widescreen, I'd take the widescreen. But if I'm spending my own money, I prefer a 4:3 monitor and if I need more real estate I'll buy another panel. That's another argument against widescreen: multiple widscreen panels are harder to fit on your desk and harder to look at.

Martin

#17     Jul 22, 2005
  8. bsubbiah

bsubbiah

#18     Jul 23, 2005
  9. RXIS

RXIS

Cancelled the order because I have no need for a widescreen because I won't be using it for multimedia and the dual dvd were excluded when I finalized.

back to shopping for a computer again.

#19     Jul 25, 2005
  10. Wish I could cancel some things that I've done while drunk. Did you tell Dell you were under the influence?

:eek:

#20     Jul 25, 2005