2019 PNL Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by destriero, Apr 25, 2019.

dest is...

1. greatest trader ever

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. most congenial

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. arsehole

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. jelly of polenta's sim-gains

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. destriero

destriero

Up 3% in (what's left of) my IRA today.

#11     Apr 26, 2019
  2. destriero

destriero

$30MM?

#12     Apr 26, 2019
  3. Magic

Magic

% Returns for the YTD, 1M, and 7D.

Small PM account.. trying to add a little more color and manage risk more actively than blind diversified buy & hold. YTD is high from being very long in Q1.. don't have a strategy that can consistently produce like that.

Took off a lot of that exposure by now. Past month I've been short index vol on both sides in smallish size for lack of a better idea what to do for the time being. Rise in vol has kept my PnL neutral so far but the puts are coming off the board in 2 weeks, so expect to start collecting some gains soon. Going to keep from getting too long for the time being.

Also there's a loss on a short VIX futures trade dragging 1M PnL down. Was my first time doing it and I already have a few ideas on what to improve upon. Put together a rudimentary model trying to give me a few metrics on how rewarding it is to be short vol and where at any point in time.. to help inform my decisions on positions and sizing. But it's still very new. At least it's better than holding risk blind though.

Thanks for your contributions to the board dest. Reading you and a few other intelligent posters gives me impetus to try making a much more deliberate effort in the markets.

#13     May 6, 2019
    destriero and TheBigShort like this.