2018 trading journal...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by magicz, Jan 9, 2018.

1. magicz

magicz

Market observation...

yield jumps in the past two days which drove bonds down considerably! is bonds yield finally catching up to the super duper rising stocks?!!!! not so surprising are the indices holding steady after a fake mid week plunge. Expiration week always bring a little more volatility.

#11     Jan 18, 2018
  2. magicz

magicz

I am getting putted 3000 shares of ENDP per my short puts. I'll take it and hold on to it and probably write short term calls off of it until someone call it away. Other than that I still got my OPK option open on this account...

in other news NVAX is holding up well after the near 40 percent run up two weeks ago. it closed at 1.97 today. semi major news event is slated for February on Nanoflu.

GE got clobbered this week though I hate to catch a falling knife but the price point is getting interesting, if it hits 12-13 range. I am going to take a stab at it.

Bonds is falling like a rock with yield jumping higher. This is now acting like how it should.

dollar is steady and plateauing which will stop the hard commodities from going to the moon.

banks going to do great once the new fed chair decide how fast to raise rate to normalize the market. it'll be a balancing act for the fed on how to raise rate while decreasing their balance sheet(400 billion slated for 2018) without over tightening and cause a credit crunch.

fun fun!

#12     Jan 19, 2018
  3. magicz

magicz

hump day musing...

the short bonds have been a very lucrative trade for the past several weeks...easy pattern to follow...

other than that always BTFD on the ES in the past few weeks and its like free money..how long that will last? who cares right? just let the market dictate what you need to do.

M&A in the biotech sector is heating up. oncology is always a good play in this sector.

#13     Jan 24, 2018
  4. magicz

magicz

sold 2 ES@2859 ...looking for a 33% retrace.

#14     Jan 26, 2018
  5. magicz

magicz

stop out at @2861....that's what I get for fighting the trend eh?

#15     Jan 26, 2018
  6. magicz

magicz

Happy Monday!

so far bond yield have been climbing steadily which actually is helping the stock market to maintain its elevated level. the dollar firming a bit which mean commodity will languish. All the marcos are correlated again and I am assuming they will maintain momentum in the same direction.

reading the tea leaves...the bond market say that stocks will continue higher. today is a simple profit taking day if that..

#16     Jan 29, 2018
  7. magicz

magicz

bond yield increased sharply this week, add that to a weaker dollar and you see a sharp drop in bonds and a moderate slide in stocks. Although hard commodities are holding steady because dollar weakness. I am still not convince this is the start to a correction...yet. since finance stock are doing will with higher interest and oil companies are benefiting from higher oil prices. plus fang stocks are propping up both indices.

#17     Feb 1, 2018