2018 P/L year to date +40%

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by VolAlgo1, Apr 19, 2018.

1. VolAlgo1

VolAlgo1

2018 P/L year to date +40% trading ETFs/ETNs.
    Current position:Long 852 SVXY @$12.51.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

How much of that profit was around Feb 5th?

JackRab and comagnum like this.
  3. gkishot

gkishot

You believe if overwhelming chunk of the profits was made around Feb 5th, they are going to disappear by the end of the year?

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I think anyone that focuses on VIX type ETFs, that was active or held positions through the 1st week of February, either made or lost a boat load of money and that type of event rarely happens more than once every few years. If you made money, that is great. You just can't expect to replicate that with the same strategy all the time.

upload_2018-4-19_10-3-37.png

ajensen, MoreLeverage, qlai and 3 others like this.
  5. truetype

truetype

He means that you haven't adduced enough info to allow a thoughtful evaluation of your investment process.

cdcaveman likes this.
  6. gkishot

gkishot

Got it. You are inclined to believe it was just a fluke.

7. Keep it up, aim for 120% per year, 200%...Push it to the Limits` :cool:, :wtf:
    Don't let everyone else's mediocrity and averageness and failures dictate your level of goals and accomplishment objectives,

8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I have no idea what I believe, that was why I asked.

sle likes this.
  9. gkishot

gkishot

Well, since the highest volatility was around this time, this is quite possible. But does it matter?

10. VolAlgo1

VolAlgo1

https://stocktwits.com/VolAlgo1
    This links to trades posted on StockTwits, as they were opened and closed.Typo error by me before, 2018 year to date P/L should be +60%.I can fully understand you doubting a volatility strategy.But, as with all successful strategies, good profits are made in a few months and the other months are flat or small loss(approx 5%).

#10     Apr 19, 2018