2017 Santa Clause Rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HeSaidSheSaid, Dec 5, 2017.

1. "The one definition of the Santa Claus Rally that does enjoy statistical support is based on seasonal strength between Christmas and early January. Over the last 120 years, the stock market between Christmas and New Years has risen 76% of the time, with the Dow producing an average gain of 1.01%. That compares to an average gain of just 0.10% across all other trading periods since 1896 of similar length, over which the stock market rose just 55% of the time."

no, probably, not this year. sadly, Jesus is going to get a lump of coal for his birthday

2. noddyboy

noddyboy

Why not this year? I bet this year

3. tomorton

tomorton

If you're long US equities I would hold until either the Dow's 20EMA crosses below the 50 or the Dow itself closes below the 50. That money stays in cash until the bull market resumes.

These simple rules would have made you look like a genius right before the 1929 crash. And the bursting of the tech bubble in 2000. And 9-11 in 2001. And the 2008 meltdown.

noddyboy and Visaria like this.
  4. Christmas bonus is always due - Just like in National Lampoons Christmas vacation - ''With this bonus....I'm putting in a pool!!!''

Our bonus is the santa rally

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  5. probably, Uncle Buffett is buying!!! he could be as rich as God :)

[​IMG]