[2015] Futures P&L

Discussion in 'Journals' started by masterm1ne, Jan 2, 2015.

1. jj1111

jj1111

you can't mention lawyers and hearing without giving us the good stuff.. homicide? racketeering? what's the scoop?

#41     Mar 13, 2015
  2. It's a very long story so I'll try to summarize; my military life's been made torture by supervisors in the past 5 years. Even before I'd joined the military I never worked well under people.

I work in medicine, and the supervisors I've had essentially say I'm not competent to do my job, which is utter horse shit. The things my supervisor(s) report/write me up for are minor things that everyone is guilty of. I am, if anything average - there are much worse providers around. I've been subject to such blatant favoritism/discrimination in military leadership and there's really nothing I can do about it. The command chain serves itself, and the only resources at my disposal ADC and IG; The IG referred my case to the command, and the ADC just assists rebutting the claims.

I'll eventually be acquitted; I was 3 years ago in a similar case. Nonetheless, once marked, discrimination is unavoidable; so many folks look perfect on paper. It brings illogical scrutiny. I've been out of care for over a year (for the second time) and this hearing is an appeal of a prior board that revoked my practice at an Army hospital.

The good part is I do only admin work (my position is created out of thin air) since I'm unsafe, and that is how I've been able to focus on day trading. It lights a fire under your ass when you know you don't want to work for anyone else.

#42     Mar 14, 2015
  3. jj1111

jj1111

Eesh good luck that sounds awful

#43     Mar 14, 2015
  4. Amen. My last day in is March 21st. I'll be finishing college on my GI Bill and trading options.

#44     Mar 14, 2015
  5. +700 -3860 -350 +1690 +700

Traded way too much on Tue. Didn't take the best long of the day after losing 3 times. I also didn't see it likely due to psych damage. I had been wrong 3 times by then and I was wrong 2 more when I tried to sell the uptrend after I missed the long. Seems like there is always one day every few weeks where I just can't trade right. Looking back I think I took some trades that were not very good.

Wed I traded the AM, made 1k. Then went out for some appts. Missed the best long that was called perfectly when I step away from my laptop (I'm out and about running errands with my laptop and phone in my car...) the market was moving slow, I thought it'd take longer to develop but I guess there was some really big news just happened to come out at that time. Kept trading and of course lost what I'd made. I was down about 1.4k at one point. Market was moving fast and my P&L was changing in ways that didn't make sense. Not sure if it was the market or my shitty wifi... happened a few times yesterday too...

Thur I actually sat around all day and watched from home. No bullshit excuses or distractions.

Fri I was in some stupid training and out of respect for the instructor wanted to wrap up early...only traded 3 contracts... lost 300 in about 1 minute when the market jumped 2 points in a couple seconds. Ya gotta love that shit.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    #45     Mar 20, 2015
  6. -210 -110 -2750 +1880 Nothing Fri

I withdrew 25k from my account, back to 30k~

So angry at myself for Wed. I didn't sell one time...

Thur I didn't take the first couple trades I saw since I have lost confidence due to recent bad results. It was also an interrupted trading day, had the usual meaningless meeting at 11 am.

Fri I missed the first crash while I was on the toilet. Couldn't get in the next reversal cuz it was too fast and my shit is so slow. I was distracted with phone calls and I got tagged to leave and get urine screened within 2 hours... just a total shit day...

So frustrating with the delay on my wifi/laptop. Flipping charts takes a few seconds, orders take a few seconds to come up, it's enough to miss your windows... So clear day trading is not a part time thing and shitty equipment will shit on your results! If it weren't for the experience I'd say fuck trading right now! Exp is honestly more important. You must be 100% focused and at your computer from 8-12pm otherwise save your money and go wipe your ass with it!!!!

#46     Mar 27, 2015
  7. jj1111

jj1111

why withdraw the 25k? just curious.

#47     Mar 27, 2015
  8. Why keep it there? To day trade six lots it costs 3k. The max I imagine I'll ever do is like 15, which would be 7,500.

Don't think I'll have a 25k draw down, the worst has been like 5k I think in 2 years?

#48     Mar 28, 2015
  9. jj1111

jj1111

Makes sense.

There used to be a guy, ammo, that posted here. I believe that one aspect of his strategy was once he hit a certain drawdown for the month, he was done for 30 days.

Your withdrawal seems to be something like that, some automatic feature that prevents marriage to a position/allows you to get out of a regime.

#49     Mar 29, 2015
  10. +3380 [Trades] - 1406.19 [Commission] for Mar

Subtract two days from Mar and I'd have made 10k. Subtract all the trades I skip, can't take due to horseshit obligations/lag, and ones I don't hold and I think it'd be like 30k.

The delay is becoming unbearable on my platform; Often it won't respond fast enough to place a trade at the open. Today was one of them. Market moving too fast and it takes a few seconds for my mouse clicks to occur. Everything takes too long!

Whatever, screen time > all the other cockslipshit

• Hold.png
      Hold.png
      File size:
      40.3 KB
      Views:
    #50     Apr 1, 2015