2014: The Battle for Survival

Discussion in 'Journals' started by neke, Jan 5, 2014.

1. neke

neke

Goals? If you mean like new-year resolutions, my goal is to become as disciplined as it gets with my man-machine partnership, and reduce the degree of discretion further. As for financial targets, well I would like it to be better than last year - both in dollar terms and percentage performance. C'est tout.

#561     Jan 1, 2018
    algofy likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

My goal is to learn French so I do not have to guess what the heck you all are on about. And my guesses are goofy. Wheee!

#562     Jan 1, 2018
  3. @neke , how do you protect your strategies from your broker?Can share your experince, if any?

Thanks!

#563     Jan 3, 2018
  4. koolaid

koolaid

lmao...your broker isn't interested in your shtty strategy that swings -40% one month and +60% the next.

#564     Jan 4, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  5. Yet, he might do smth about it.He`s security guy, he said.

#565     Jan 4, 2018
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

He randomly throws in losing years to confuse them...

Your question is ridiculous.

#566     Jan 5, 2018
    comagnum and d08 like this.
  7. neke

neke

My automation is not at the brokers server. Its all in-house and runs from my computer in the cloud. I moved my system to the cloud to ensure higher availability, non-interference, and system performance. I only port executable code (not source code) there, and ensure some minimal level of encryption for my text files.

All my broker knows are my trades (buy,sell, short, cover). I doubt they are keen on reverse-engineering a <200K account :)

#567     Jan 6, 2018
    fordewind and algofy like this.
  8. niko79542

niko79542

Incredible story, both to the length of time you've stuck with and that you are withdrawing monthly. Good luck in 2018. Hope you got through the chop last week. Although I'm sure you did well. ☺

#568     Feb 9, 2018
  9. neke

neke

Thanks for your interest. January was brutal for me. But this week provided some reprieve - though playing with smaller size.

#569     Feb 9, 2018
  10. comagnum

comagnum

The irony of trading is that you can get the big gains buy not having any kind of decent $ mgmt strategy, problem is the gains always revert back at some point.

#570     Feb 9, 2018