2014: The Battle for Survival

Discussion in 'Journals' started by neke, Jan 5, 2014.

1. pekelo is worried about other people's money because he doesn't have any of his own apparently

#441     Jul 3, 2016
  2. marsman

marsman

marsman is neither marshman nor botpro or whatever.

#442     Jul 3, 2016
  3. marsman

marsman

May I remind you of the motto of ET:
    "EliteTrader.com is a group of financial traders that help each other work through the tough and lonely journey of trading profitably. Our members learn faster, develop new relationships, and avoid costly mistakes through daily collaboration."

...to boldly go where many have gone before... :D

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    #443     Jul 3, 2016
  4. neke

neke

You're such a pesky killjoy.

One thing you got right though: from Jan 2010 till date, I have paid $305,680 in commission to my broker - they got way more than me. Put all that back - not to mention slippage - and the performance could have been nice - if not great.

#444     Jul 4, 2016
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have just listened to an interview with the legendary Dan Zanger, and I see lots of parallels between his and Neke's approach to trading and their results:

Quick recap: Zanger inherited 100K and in the early 90s he run that up to 440K profits. (That would be Neke's 2004-2009 good years). Then in 6 years he lost it all back. (That is similar to Neke's 2010-2012) Then came the famous run to the gazillion % returns. (If we are optimists, this is still ahead of Neke) And eventually a 70% loss. (42 mins in the video when he lost 20 million in a few days)

Other similarities: Zanger also had a full time job through the 90s, while he was trading. Both men seems to be lacking in money management, but maybe that is a requirement for outsized returns...

So depends on where one stands, we can look at Zanger's record as inspirational or as a cautionary tale. Did he have a long term winning strategy or was he just lucky with giant brass balls in the right place at the right time with crazy money management?

But there is a reason why he has been selling a newsletter for the last 12 years (hey 500K+ profits annually!) and no real trading record on his website from the last decade.

Oh, but I am a killjoy again, so let me finish with the expected weather I mean profit forecast:

It is sunny with a strong possibility of money raining...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    #445     Jul 5, 2016

6. Neke,

My last post has some merit but it wasn't accurate, you have a good sense of humor. I am a fan again.

marsman,

you must be young, naïve or both. The Elite Trader motto sounds great and that's all there is to it. Maybe in time you'll realize that almost always this is a journey you walk alone.

You offer "successful trades to others ", really ?

If you are, you should ask for a compensation ( like the vast majority of lame financial advices ) or it sounds too good to be true.

Better yet,...when there is a good trade go ahead and take it yourself.

Certainly you could collaborate in a general sense, but when it comes down to pulling the trigger you are alone. One bad mistake for a trader is to listen to other people " tips". Maybe you understand why such an offer to help is not taken seriously.

And you got soo offended ! Lol

There is little learning here, the biggest value is entertainment, and you proved it.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    #446     Jul 11, 2016
  7. Daal

Daal

I warned you many times in the past that using options instead of the underlying would increase your trading costs. With portfolio margin or margin from a prop firm, you can mimic the leverage effect you get from options. The advantage is that you wont pay bigger spreads from the options and you can actually spread out your orders inteligently and save a great deal of money

#447     Jul 13, 2016
  8. If u guys keep being so damn weird to Neke he's gonna end up leaving like so many quality ET posters have over the years. Leave the guy alone. Geez.

#448     Jul 13, 2016
    #449     Jul 13, 2016
  10. Don't worry I'm on my way. Cheers to u and all the other idiots here.

#450     Jul 13, 2016