2014: The Battle for Survival

Discussion in 'Journals' started by neke, Jan 5, 2014.

1. southall

southall

Yes one is the compounding rate, which falls over time if your profits stay constant.

The other is the simple rate, which stays constant if your profits stay constant.

Still keep up the good work, neke, you are averaging 75K a year, which is very good. But i think you could do even better if you calmed things down a bit.

#401     Jun 5, 2016
  2. I trade full time and over the last 10 years I made just enough to keep trading.

Not sure why you feel the need to turn my comment into a pissing contest. I tried to make a comment as kindly as possible. Criticizing is fine since we are here and I was not rude yet if you feel like you want to be his bodyguard ( for no reasons ) and go on personal attacks. You are hijacking his thread. And by the way last year he was up 100% on his account and how did he end up ?

I am not trying to convince anyone you and your buddy Marketowl need to get a life. I just made a comment. The end. By the way it is interesting you mention a 10% return, last year I made 9% and I am very happy. With that 9% I can buy the time to do whatever I want to. I hope you do the same, no need to be so angry. This is about trading nothing else.

Not that you wanted to, but Thank you for getting my point. That's why I wrote my comment.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    #402     Jun 5, 2016
  3. Guy it was a douchey post, accept it and move on.

#403     Jun 5, 2016
  4. This is the best journal on all of ET. Only guy to keep it 100% no matter what the result. One of Muhammad Ali's quotes can sum you up. "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."
    I wouldn't be shocked to see him up $200K for end of June. The ability for this man to bounce back from big down months is what makes him a champion.

#404     Jun 5, 2016
    koolaid likes this.
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

It was not, get over it. If I told you I made exactly zilc (nada, zero) in the last one and half year, what would you do? Would you be cheering for me, or would you criticize my performance?

This is a public journal, so unless you just want to circlejerk and "keep it up Neke, it will be better next month", how about to take some honest criticism like a man and not crying about it?

One thing about trading is that it is hard to sugarcoat or bullshit performance. So let me repeat the FACT for you: Neke didn't make a dime in the last 19 months.

#405     Jun 5, 2016
    marsman likes this.
  6. Shouldn't u be bitching back in the topstep thread?

#406     Jun 5, 2016
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Did I beat your ass in that thread too?

Or are you subconsciously trying to suggest to Neke that he should stop wasting his own money and sign up with TST? That is just mean, man, I mean child...

---------------------------

Anyhow, at this point I would suggest to Neke to switch to quarterly reporting...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    #407     Jun 5, 2016
  8. koolaid

koolaid

Let's not take Neke's thread off topic. If you want to argue...PM each other.

#408     Jun 6, 2016
  9. ironchef

ironchef

25% p/a since 2007, through the 2008/09 period, is an outstanding return in any book, I can't find any hedge funds with that good a return.

And, since he took out his profits, did not reinvest and compound them, it is even more impressive. The ups and downs of his returns indicated he is not faking it like Karen or Madoff.

If your calculation is correct, this guy is incredible.

#409     Jun 6, 2016
  10. southall

southall

Yes 25% a year is a great return.

However neke does have 50%+ drawdowns to.

So that ruins his track record, i think he has the skill to do it the other way and make 50%+ a year compounded with max 25% drawdowns, which would be truly incredible.

#410     Jun 6, 2016