2014: The Battle for Survival

Discussion in 'Journals' started by neke, Jan 5, 2014.

1. blakpacman

blakpacman

There's a small chance he can pull it off and return to a path of success.
    More likely, though, is consistent drawdowns that most traders face until the account is gradually wiped out by continuously getting out of losing trades, or losers that exceed winners.
    If trading is a battle for survival, then it's more like the gladiators of ancient times where only one man is left standing.

#121     May 31, 2014
  2. neke is still on pace for a 80 percent return this year, why do the doomsayers suddenly crawl out of their caves aftes one bad month?

Trading is a roller coaster, you cannot make money on every trade. There will be bad weeks, bad months, even bad years in this business. Those looking for gains everyday are probably in the wrong business.

neke will be fine, in any case, he has a full time job so its not as id trading is his lifeline like it is for full time traders. He has nothing to worry about.

#122     Jun 1, 2014
  3. ltn2012

ltn2012

First post here,

Looks ok to me, just look at your stats...long run is the truth!

It seems to me that your´re a grinder, so 50 trades or even 100 don´t mean much!

Look at your last 1000+ trades and see what´s going on....probably you will discover that you have to just keep grinding, long run is obviously important to a grinder.

Obs: I was looking back to your trades and seems that your style take a "long time" to reach your long run of trades....probably a very important thing to work on in your mind!!!

#123     Jun 2, 2014
  4. blakpacman

blakpacman

Reminds me of movie Rounders.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtYbZbdIIcI

#124     Jun 2, 2014
  5. neke

neke

After a chart like this, how can anyone fade a move?

#125     Jun 13, 2014
  6. :eek:

I hope you were long :D

#126     Jun 13, 2014
  7. Fade implies he was not....

#127     Jun 14, 2014
  8. It's too bad neke has gone to monthly updates, keeps us guessing! LOL.

#128     Jun 14, 2014
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I agree. My guess is he lost 3K this month...

#129     Jun 14, 2014
  10. neke

neke

Come On, its still too early in the month. 3K is nothing between now and end of month!

No, I did not trade that stock. It simply reminds me that making money thru mean reversion is 90% ability to avoid stocks/situations like that.

#130     Jun 14, 2014