2013 [P&L journal]

Discussion in 'Journals' started by masterm1ne, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Still nearly flat. I'm at ~$300 above starting balance of the year trading 1 RLM contract for a couple weeks now.

One major problem is I can't hold on to trades very long because of either work or additional outside duties. Often times good entries will run for at least several days. I can seldom take advantage of this. I also skip good trades because I don't think with my current record I should take much more than 1 trade per day.

Oh well.

#71     Oct 28, 2013
  2. Equity curve looks like someones heart about to go into asystole

Revision .... revision .... revision .... revision .... revision .... revision .... revision ....

#72     Nov 1, 2013
  3. I might return to short term trading later. I think it's best at this point for me to step back and look at the bigger picture.

I'm going to start applying the short term principles I've learned to longer term charts and go back to that report that publishes bank positions.

#73     Nov 3, 2013
  4. Was pretty break even this year until I started trying to trade long term again...

Need to cut losers faster. Looking back, I traded counter trend on the daily time frames on GBP, CAD and JPY.

Averaged up/down on all 3 of them.. pretty much accounts for the 3k that I managed to evaporate this month. Same old extremely bad stuff.

Best year yet.

#74     Dec 3, 2013
  5. So ... Due to some shitty trade management as I mentioned before, I am barely back to break even with open trades. I used a smaller time frame to cut risk way down on these longer term positions, as I failed to do on the trades on JPY, CAD and GBP.

I am holding 1 contract of gold and 1 of cotton. Hoping for long term movements.

#75     Dec 10, 2013
  6. [​IMG]

#76     Jan 9, 2014