2013 [P&L journal]

Discussion in 'Journals' started by masterm1ne, Jan 3, 2013.

1. fwiw....I notice in almost every other post you berate yourself for either missing a plus trade or not making what you "should" have. I heard somewhere athletes and traders needed short memories. If you listen to really good ones they almost NEVER reference their losses...they focus on their wins.

It has really helped me mentally to quickly move to the next trade win lose or draw. As long as we have made an intelligent decision based on our plan...move on and let it go.

#41     Aug 8, 2013
  2. ammo

ammo

dont know what illness your battling, but when battling you are mentally in betting against mode

#42     Aug 8, 2013
  3. Thanks Richard but focusing on my wins has only blinded me to my losses. Focusing on weakness is a personality trait that makes me who I am. It has made me better at everything I do... eventually.

The most important thing for me to figure out at this point is how not to lose money. I have to focus on losses because I would be making a lot of money if I could figure out how to stop losing it.

#43     Aug 8, 2013
  4. The only illness I have is hypomoneyitis

#44     Aug 8, 2013
  5. 2 days traded last month

Government furloughs + fear

+$300 today (8Aug) on one contract

I traded my plan selectively... I'm in that transition mode, as I mentioned yesterday making revisions to the plan. Not the best time to trade, but it was a (previous) planned one at least.

#45     Aug 8, 2013
  6. Week in review;

-100 & -200 on Mon and Tue

Had I reversed my position where I was stopped out I could have at least recovered the losses. The -200 should have been more around 100 but I went afk as a Col took me away from my desk. This would have made for a solid week.

I sat out Wed. Due to plan revisions.

+300 & +200 on Thur/Fri.

Traded 1 lots down from 5 to penalize & discipline myself.

#46     Aug 9, 2013
  7. And the trade runs twice as long as I held it

I'm such a bad trader cutting my winners short

#47     Aug 9, 2013
  8. ammo

ammo

focus on the market only,not the money,money makes folks emotional,treat it like an internet game of points

#48     Aug 9, 2013
  9. please help me do this, how does one not care if they are up or down $1,000 per tick?

#49     Aug 9, 2013
  10. ammo

ammo

you see a setup ,you know your target,you know when it isnt working and you take your preaccepted loss/pts,hopefully if you have a good/high probability setup,your winning points outway your losses,with practice the losses diminish and the gains increase,always have a price where you know it isnt working to get out and wait for another setup

#50     Aug 9, 2013