2013 [P&L journal]

Discussion in 'Journals' started by masterm1ne, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Good day +900

This was on the long side... entry and exit were near bottom and high of the micro trend I luckily got..

Obv wrong side tho.. Daily trend for me I see is down.... knew had to be quick with long... big $$$$$ on the short side today... no planned trade on the short side.... of course I missed the days with short set ups cuz I was busy workin my 30$ an hour job

trading plan gets simpler and simpler the older and older i get

#31     Jun 5, 2013
  2. So instead of taking the two early trades that ran for 5 and 15 points

I shorted the uptrend that started in the afternoon, twice

Don't know how to stop doing this bullshit at the moment.... doing this shit accounts for all of my losses

-$1300

#32     Jun 6, 2013
  3. So this past week was the first week I have had in a long time to watch the ES every day.. I am on leave so I am blaming that for my suck ass results. I have stayed up till 2 am most nights and slept in most days... Jobs don't mix well with friends/family u don't see but 1 or 2 times a year

Mon - 1 loser, 1 winner +600; I violated my plan and was rewarded.... stupid

Slept in Tuesday and missed 1 winner that ran for ~10 points

Wed - 1 loser -400; I could have made money had I continued trading, though I stopped as I was exhausted and I realized that the price action of the day has stripped me of a lot of previous $$$ in the past - I was suspecting support to come in but the market kept breaking lows... I recently added a few rules to prevent this problem.

Thur - missed another possible 10 - 20 point winner...

Fri - boring day, no planned trades to take

I added money to my account last week but don't plan on taking on any additional risk at the moment. The main reason is I feel useless having 60k sitting in a bank accumulating shit interest.

#33     Jun 14, 2013
  4. No trades yesterday. The market was in a tight range and moving very slowly up until I left (1030). After that I could have made money on both the short and long side.

Today I made money, but I was not on the best side. I entered one long trade, and sold when I saw resistance, which was the peak of the move I was on... I've done this a couple times now.... I guess I'm getting sort of lucky.

The entire rest of the day has been down but I did not take any setups as I can only make 1 trade per day per my plan. I'm going to allow myself two trades from now on and hopefully will start trading more contracts soon.

+900

#34     Jun 20, 2013
  5. Bull shit

For some reason, today and yesterday I wasn't on the "right side" of the market.

Today I should have been short and I would have been one and done around 1200.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. There were borderline setups this AM and I didn't take them FUCK ME

#35     Jun 21, 2013
  6. Flat week... same thing over and over again, just like the market

eventually I'll get it right

Tue +1,000

Wed no trades b/c mil shit per usual and I was late out of spite, would have prob been a bad day anyway

Today -700

I read a while ago there are very few days where most of the money is made. I either miss them or fuck them up.

Nothing tomorrow I work Fri Sat Sun

Back for more Mon.

#36     Jun 27, 2013
  7. End of Jun

How appropriate page 7 for month 7

I'd be having to trade ridiculous big size for this current method to be worth using

#37     Jul 1, 2013
  8. For anyone thinking I gave up.......................... Fuck you.

I am still here just watching the market and mentally trading my strategy.

I've probably written it before, but the long term time frames are becoming more important as I see many of these long term trends evolve where trades could be held for larger reward : risk ratios. Staying confined to intra-day profits is very limiting. Also, I do better when I don't have to make snap decisions and can let things ride longer.

Also, because of the fundamentals of market trends, I've come up with a way to define the way I should focus my bets using the daily chart. The only reason to use smaller time frame charts is to limit your risk IMO.

#38     Jul 19, 2013
  9. My OIC removed me from pt care & put me on admin. Thanks, now I can do something useful and watch the market.

Big problem I've run into before and last couple days (esp Tuesday); my planned trades often cause me to bet against the dominant trend. This is a huge problem and where most of my profits have gone. I'm still working on how to fix this.

I would be positive for the week if I quickly reversed my long when my stop was triggered early Tuesday and just held the short till close or mid Wed

Still sitting @ ~18,000

-200 trading one contract for on 2 trades for this week

#39     Aug 8, 2013
  10. Today I also realized how cluttered my software workstation is.. I am part way through Ferris' the 4 hr work week, and he stresses avoiding information overload.

I just deleted the DOM (really curse this thing - its only ever made me nervous and has no purpose in my trading), chat window, active and filled orders, and several other windows. I removed all the options from the chart except the ones I use like load more data and the trend line tool.

For right now (even though it feels clunky and awkward) I will use the "trade mode" on my chart. The only information I need is on the damn chart.

#40     Aug 8, 2013