2012 Trading Journal of 2steps

Discussion in 'Journals' started by 2steps, Dec 24, 2011.

1. 2steps

2steps

1. I have already started trading.
    2. I will trade everyday, except very unusual occasions, like sickness.
    3. No trust is needed in a bet.
    4. Need a little interest on your part.

#11     Dec 29, 2011

2. HAHA,, city of your Choice? I just have the idea of someone picking some place in some city like Detroit or El Centro, CA. Nothing against Detroit, but you know what I mean. You could just ask what restaurant they want and send them a gift certificate in the mail. If you told me to pick a restaurant in Detroit, I'd laugh.

Good luck with your trades. I started 3 months ago and have already lost close to 5 K. All I can say is that with as much eagerness that we want to make money right away, practice first till consistent on paper. Then go to the real deal. That way, you may win your bet. Any day now that I'm in the green is a good day for me. I'm just still trying to tread water.

#12     Dec 29, 2011
  3. 2steps

2steps

Didn't see my setup. No trade today.

A good half hour after the pit open seemed like night time: little movement. Didn't see any serious oil traders. The idea of shutting down the computer crossed my mind after 15 or 20 minutes after the open.
    Then these oil retards came up from nowhere 5-10 minutes after the equities took off: A much delayed response. I wonder if the oil traders trade on the yahoo delayed quotes? Then the retards battled aimlessly until the end.

#13     Dec 30, 2011
  4. DO NOT TRADE LIVE until you have a PROVEN RELIABLE METHODOLOGY that has been tested in sim for months.

This is common sense.

If you don't have a plan that you KNOW will make money over the long haul then you are simply gambling.

The money is in the intraday swings for oil. Up down up down up down. it will go up and it will go down. Every day. Keep stats.

How many swings happen a day? (Min 40 pts CL)

How long does each swing last ? Time

How far did each swing travel? Price

Tip the probabilities in your favor by spending a good 5-10k hours with oil , keeping track of the metrics of each days swings crafting your plan to take money from these swings.

If you can't devote 5-10k hours to trading without making a dime first then you will find better success in a different endeavor.

Regards

Zr1

#14     Dec 30, 2011
  5. ammo

ammo

#15     Dec 30, 2011
  6. 2steps

2steps

Not a shadow of my setup, no trade.

Worth mentioning is that something important happened suddenly on January 1st, 2012. I first understood the problem in 2007. I have been dealing with the problem in different ways, just couldn't find a solution. But this sudden realization came on the first day of a new year. I am very pleasantly surprised.

If I can follow up with actual actions, I will consider Jan. 1 of 2012 as a turning point.

#16     Jan 3, 2012
  7. 2steps

2steps

A very interesting day.

So much temptation at picking the top after pit open. It looked so much like resistance. I guess many tards shorted at that level soon after the pit open. I was no exception, though my method had nothing like "shorting at the resistance." But many of us have read so much about support and resistance.

Soon after I entered a short, I realized I made a stupid mistake. I had no business in there. So I set up a limit cover with just one tick profit. After a few minutes, I got out. Then it went further a little bit in my direction. But I was already feeling relieved that I got out, I didn't care about the missed profit.

Then something weird happened at around 8:40 CT, the retards just started to buy like crazy. For a moment I thought the Iranians just attacked a US naval ship at the Persian Gulf. I still don't know what happened at that time, maybe just because of the equities market. If I stayed a little later, I would have been killed, because I removed the stop. Why did I remove stop? Don't ask me. (I thought I solved the problem yesterday, but the problem is still there.)

After the tards bought it up into 103.70s, I thought something serious happened, like Iran being attacked. If that's the case, 103 is just the beginning, it should end up in 110. So quite a few decent entries were not taken afterwards. But again, not taking entries is not considered a big problem for the moment.

#17     Jan 4, 2012
  8. Ok this is crazy you are going to blow up unless this is expendable experiment account.

Don't do it.

#18     Jan 5, 2012
  9. This whole thing is foolish next you will post how you made a mistake never realizing that you didn't make a mistake. The random market did what is does.

#19     Jan 5, 2012
  10. 2steps

2steps

A messy day.

woke up late, turned on computer about 8:30 CT. Part of the reason is that the API number was negative yesterday, that diminishes my opportunities. Then the Energy department number wouldn't come out until 10 CT.

As I expected, I didn't have any convincing setup before that time: equities went down early in the morning, dragging oil with them. Oil wanted to go up due to API number. So there was not much going on. I decided to wait for the 10 CT number.

Usually a negative API number indicates a negative Energy department number. But sometimes it's not the case. Today is not the case. I was expecting a pop up, but it turned out to be a drop. Anyway, trading had to continue. So I saw this good setup, and entered a limit order. It didn't get filled, market went away without me. I decided to re-enter, I knew it was a bad entry (hindsight is that it was a horrible horrible entry), got filled, then it went against me. I knew it was wrong. I removed stop and put in a limit cover order two ticks in the profit. The market came close, I decided to get out with only one tick profit. In changing the order, I either made a mistake or the computer made a mistake, and I got filled with one tick loss. To wipe out the loss, I re-entered immediately and got out with two ticks profit. By that time, I realized I was messing around, not properly trading. So I shut down the computer.

About the New Year's Day realization, it turned out to be just another temporary loss of mental clarity. It actually happened many times before. I told myself and wrote myself many times before that it wouldn't happen. But from time to time, I managed to persuade myself into thinking that I could do it.

So the conclusion is that I cannot do it. And I am not going to try it. I am not going to waste time on it.

#20     Jan 5, 2012