2012 Trading Journal of 2steps

Discussion in 'Journals' started by 2steps, Dec 24, 2011.

1. 2steps

2steps

I woke up early, ready to trade.

I saw this up trend forming, so I went long.

And as I anticipated, it went up and put me in the green. :)

I heard someone say that the market can go a long way in the same direction until the close, so I held on the long position waiting for more money at the close.

But the price dropped drastically toward the close. Before I knew, my profit had disappeared.

Is that what they called "banging the price" at the close, as practised by the Amsterdam trading firm Optiver and its Chicago office? I hope some day I will have the chance to bang them instead of being banged like today.

#101     Apr 20, 2012
  2. d08

d08

The problem is, you are blaming others for your failed trades. I'm sure you take credit for your profitable trades though.
    No one thinks this game is honest, a certain percentage of returns is always lost to market corruption.
    I think you get fixed income from somewhere else (not a job), that's why you can gamble away the money with such ease. Either that or it's all paper trading.

#102     Apr 20, 2012
  3. "How much of this am I willing to lose?"

-what I ask myself every time I have a paper profit, right before I raise my stop

#103     Apr 21, 2012
  4. BUTfr

BUTfr

Why do you stop posting?

I am curious what stopped you from posting on ET?:confused: :confused: :confused:

#104     May 7, 2012