2012 Presidential Election Season

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Oct 14, 2010.

1. JamesL

JamesL

2. Poll: Obama would rout Palin in 2012
    By: Scott Wong
    October 12, 2010 10:28 AM EDT

Barack Obama would rout Sarah Palin in a theoretical matchup in the 2012 presidential election, according to a Bloomberg National Poll released Tuesday.

The Democratic president led the former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee by 16 percentage points, 51 percent to 35 percent, the poll found.

One in 10 voters said they would not cast a ballot, and 4 percent said they were undecided.

Palin said in an interview last week she would not likely run for president if voters preferred a more traditional candidate. But during this midterm election cycle, she has been endorsing and campaigning for a number of Republicans across the country, including tea party favorites Sharron Angle in Nevada and Christine O’Donnell in Delaware — a move by Palin that many see as an effort to lay the groundwork for a presidential run.

Still, Palin’s overall popularity remained low. Only 38 percent of those surveyed said they had a favorable opinion of her, while 54 percent viewed her unfavorably. Meanwhile, 53 percent said they viewed Obama favorably and 44 percent unfavorably.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Obama’s 2008 Democratic presidential rival, had among the highest favorability ratings, with 64 percent viewing her favorably and 31 percent unfavorably.

Those surveyed were nearly evenly split over whether Obama was doing a good job as president: 47 percent approved and 48 percent disapproved.

And more than four in 10 who previously backed the president said their support had diminished or that they no longer supported him.

The poll, conducted for Bloomberg News Oct. 7-10, was based on telephone interviews with 1,000 adults, including 721 likely voters in this fall’s midterm elections. The margin of error was 3.7 percentage points.

3. JamesL

JamesL

you are repeating yourself

4. Vote for real change. Vote independent. Vote for Tancredo in Colorado

5. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

That's because he has nothing new to offer. He thinks that if he continues to say the same crap over and over again, it will be true.

Newsflash, Palin obsessed liberals - she will not be the Republican candidate for pres in 2012. I know you all were hoping it would be so this way Obama could walk in, but she ain't gonna be it. So keep those Pollyanna dreams coming, ok?

6. At least you are honest with yourself and not like many right wingers who think she actually has a shot

I wouldn't count her out in getting the nomination though.

7. Can Biden ever shut the fuck up ? I know Obama doesn't want to talk about this now .

Obama needs to drop Biden and put Hilary on the next ticket.

8. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

MOST of the right does not believe in her either. I don't know why you all think so. A 44% approval rating does not equate to most.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20018819-503544.html

9. Dam,I had no idea she was hated that much

Poll: Sarah Palin Favorable Rating Just 22 Percent

Posted by Brian Montopoli 60 comments

(Credit: CBS)

Sarah Palin is viewed unfavorably by nearly 50 percent of Americans, a new CBS News poll finds, a significant challenge for her to overcome should she enter the 2012 presidential race.

Palin is viewed favorably by just 22 percent of Americans, according to the poll - including less than half (44 percent) of Republicans. Twenty-one percent of independents and 6 percent of Democrats view her favorably.

10. Because she is so loved by Rush,Hannity and Beck and she draw large crowds

#10     Oct 14, 2010