2012 Match-ups: Obama, Romney Tied at 45%; Obama 48%, Palin 42%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Jul 20, 2009.

1. I could name any of a million or so potential candidates with the last name of "Bush," whether competent, or utterly incompetent, and even if not related to the Bush family, and you'd go all orgasmic like over your keyboard and vote for them.

Ready?

Mortimer Bush 2012 - vote for Mort or it will all abort!

#11     Jul 20, 2009
  2. You must really want Obama back in office

#12     Jul 20, 2009
  3. By the way, j, I do think Jeb will make a run in 2012, no matter what he says now, so to the extent you're serious, I say good call.

Jeb was always the one being groomed for a run at the big prize, so I imagine he resents how things have played out.

Jeb is carrying the weight of his father's call to redeem the family brand, and it's one heavy burden.

#13     Jul 20, 2009
  4. hell naw, we don't want him back in office.

#14     Jul 20, 2009
  5. You better hope for a better nominee then then Jeb Bush,Sarah Palin,or newt Gingrich

Boehner might have a shot but I think he will wait until 2016

#15     Jul 20, 2009
  6. Want him BACK in office? Some of us don't want him now. :(

#16     Jul 20, 2009
  7. Kind of crazy to speculate this early but why not. Republicans face a huge problem, in my opinion. Their most capable candidate, and the guy who would make the best president, is clearly Romney. Unfortunately, he didn't have much game last time. He showed little in the way of political ability. Good looks, brains and money can only take you so far. For wahtever reason, he never really connected with voters.

Palin is the polar opposite of Romney. She connects with republican voters like no one since Ronald Reagan himself. Unfortunately, she has to put to rest the questions about competency, etc. Hard to do when the media is out to get you. See Quayle, Dan.

Jeb Bush faces one insurmountable problem. His brother poisoned the well for anyone else from their family. Too bad really, but I think we can live without any more Bushes, Kennedys and Clintons.

The other candidates face fairly obvious problems, eg Newt, hated by women, Jindahl, lacks gravitas, Huckabee, too liberal, Guiliani, unlikeable and liberal, Sanford, driven crazy by Argentine tail, Ensign, total lack of judgment, others all lack name recognition.

Hard to see how this works out.

#17     Jul 20, 2009
  8. It doesn't. But the pubs will b too cowardly to kill off the Party of Rush so it can move forward.

Romney/Paul 2012, or Obama is re-elected. Simple.

The pubs are suicidal if they let a Bush on the convention floor. They might love Palin but she will b killed in the general election.

#18     Jul 20, 2009
  9. Might as well talk about where GE will be in November 2012...

That Hillary was a sure thing for the dems was the "smart money" before Iowa...

Pretty sad that the republikkkans have absolute NOTHING now but hopes and dreams for something 3 and a half years away...

#19     Jul 20, 2009
  10. Paulites, let it go...

Ron Paul will be 77 years old in 2012...

Yall had better find a younger man to lead your crusade...

#20     Jul 20, 2009