2012 - Looking Ahead

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bpcnabe, Nov 4, 2010.

1. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

According to a CNN poll of possible Presidential matchups for 2012, Obama's best chance of winning is if he runs against Palin:

Obama 52 Palin 44
    Obama 44 Huckabee 52
    Obama 45 Romney 50
    Obama 49 Gingrich 47

Good news for Obama? Not really since Palin is NOT the choice of Republicans to represent the party in 2012 with Huckabee and Romney getting 21 and 20% of the nod (respectively) and Palin coming in a distant 3 @ 14%.

I know all you libertards are hoping Palin gets the nomination, but it ain't gonna happen.

:)

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/04/cnn-poll-obama-vs-palin-in-2012/#more-133688

2. Palin is the de facto head of the Tea Party. It would be interesting to see the Right try to stifle her and her base if she sets her sights on candidacy. She may be acting coy now and, yes, she's making boatloads of money just doing whatever it is that she's presently doing. But I think she has visions of grandeur, even though they are in fact delusions of manure. While she played the role of kingmaker during the midterms, I wonder if she might be a divisive and destructive deal breaker at crunch time. It will be interesting to see it all play out.

3. The majority of respondents identified themselves Republicans or independents who lean Republican.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll was conducted October 27-30, before the midterm elections, with 921 registered voters, including 500 respondents who describe themselves as Republicans or independents who lean Republican, and 453 respondents who describe themselves as Democrats or independents who lean Democratic, questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

4. There you go again, spoiling the party by putting things into context.

5. :( :D

6. JamesL

JamesL

Don't know where they (and you) got your math education, but I don't think 500 + 453 = 921

:confused:

7. She is a strong contender

Intrade has her 2nd behind Romney

3rd place(only 3 points behind 1st)

CNN also conducted exit polls on election day in the some of the states that vote first in the presidential primary calendar. In Iowa, 21 percent of Republicans questioned as they exited the voting booth said that Romney was their likely choice in the 2012 Iowa caucuses, with Huckabee also at 21 percent, Palin at 18 percent, Gingrich at 7 percent and one in five saying they would support another possible candidate.

2nd place

In New Hampshire, 39 percent of Republicans say that Romney is their likely choice in the state's primary, with Palin at 18 percent, Huckabee at 11 percent, Gingrich at eight percent and 19 percent saying they would back another possible contender.

1st place

Twenty-five percent of South Carolina Republicans say Palin would be their likely primary choice , followed by Huckabee at 24 percent, Romney at 21 percent and Gingrich at 10 percent.

3rd place

According to the poll, 21 percent of Republicans say they would most likely support former Arkansas Gov. and 2008 GOP White House candidate Mike Huckabee for their party's 2012 presidential nomination, with 20 percent saying they'd back former Massachusetts Gov. and 2008 Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, 14 percent supporting Palin, the former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, and 12 percent backing former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia.

8. Typo or maybe the rest were unregistered voters would be my guess

9. Ugh, are those really the most likely candidates for the republican nomination??? Surely you jest...