2011: Rebuilding My Battered Account

Discussion in 'Journals' started by neke, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roark

Roark

Come on, she's just as qualified as Jack Hershey.

#51     Feb 12, 2011
  2. See if you can refrain in the future form posting unfounded bullshit.

You never make any substantive knowedgeable comments about anything. Are you jusr stupid or handicapped mentally?

#52     Feb 12, 2011

3. she is qualified...

#53     Feb 12, 2011
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

No, I did not see any contradiction.

Emotions play out at the market open and once the opening noise settles down, you can let price take you into your trade.

"The nice thing about price action trading is you don't even have to know what 243.36 means; all you have to know is that buyers really wanted it there and if price breaks the high of that opening 5-min bar, you have an opening range breakout to work with in the direction of the recent trend based on the daily chart and if price breaks the low of that opening 5-min bar, you have a reason to go short."

Do you see the value of having no bias?

If you know CMG, then you know 243.30 is the previous pivot low in an uptrend. The reward:risk for placing a limit buy orders around that level with a tight protective stop is pretty darn good, because levels get tested; price has memory.

If you have no idea why buyers snapped up CMG at 243.36, but you see that opening 5-min price bar, the reward:risk of buying just above the high of that bar with a tight stop (the breakout will either run if the buying is for real or fail quickly if it's not) is also pretty darn good.

I'm happy you make a lot of money in extended hours trading because I like to see traders succeed. I never found extended hours trading in stocks to be useful. There's nothing of value I can obtain in extended hours that I can't obtain in RTH. There's a downside to EH trading in that stops only trigger in RTH with my platform.

#54     Feb 12, 2011
  5. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

#55     Feb 12, 2011
  6. Roark

Roark

Jack it's way past time for you to walk your talk. Start a journal and show us how you obtain three times the day's range in profit. I would be amazed if you were profitable at all.

#56     Feb 12, 2011

7. Google the records.

See if you can find anyone who can beat those publiished record.

Your criteriar for amazement is insipitd.

You are just another joker in a long line of lokers..

#57     Feb 13, 2011
  8. In the specific case of a earnings related play such as CMG, EH action is critical.

I'd hate to think that Neke went long the stock after a 20pt spike/short after a 25pt drop simply because he needed to work his day job.

#58     Feb 13, 2011
  9. Archer121

Archer121

Positive for the week. Good going Neke.

#59     Feb 13, 2011
  10. Roark

Roark

I have Jack. You never proved you were profitable, let alone to the extent of capturing three times the day's range. The records show you to be old, broke, crazy, and too cowardly to maintain a public trading journal or finish a trading contest. You name is a joke and that's way it is used on ET. At this point I'm adding you to my ignore list. Good bye.

#60     Feb 13, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.