2010 Senate Races

Discussion in 'Politics' started by eminitrader007, Aug 5, 2009.

1. You make some good points but we just have to wait for the answers. Currently it looks like we are heading in the right direction regarding the economy....but who knows how it will turn out later.

Regarding terrorist, it does not matter who is in the office the assclowns will try to hurt us but I have a feeling that Obama will read the memo and act on it if his secretary of state says that the chances of an attack is very high.

#51     Aug 11, 2009
  2. Here is the copy and paste from another thread.

Markets have done better under Democrats, why fight this strong trend. Thank God for President Obama who has rescued the economy and kept us safe from a terrorist attack on our soil.

http://www.perrspectives.com/blog/archives/001266.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...14_OPCHART.html

http://www.slate.com/default.aspx?id=2071929

Currently the best bet is to go long. There are going to be corrections on the way but history is on the bull's side. Buy any dip.

A dip is a 7% decline in the S&P from the high.

Sell when a Republiclown becomes a president.

#52     Aug 11, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I guess that would make you Obama's Monica Lewinsky.

#53     Aug 11, 2009
  4. Honestly, that's the best you could come up with:confused: :confused:

Buy Limit NQ 1584.25, Stop 1582.25

#54     Aug 11, 2009
  5. So your knock is really against GWB, because ANY President should read the memo and act if they think there is a threat. Has nothing to do with Obama.

#55     Aug 11, 2009
  6. Your NY times article doesn't exist. Regardless, the stats from slate are quite convenient to your argument, I'll give you that. Of course this...

"When both houses of Congress opposed the president, the return was a stellar 12.9 percent."

essentially says that even with a democratic President, as long as both houses are Republican (or vice versa) the market enjoys it's highest return historically.

However, I think we can agree that this period isn't like too many others in history.

Why don't you just step down off the silly argument that the market is in love with Obama and that's the reason we're rallying, and I'll promise to keep an open mind on Obama and whoever else steps up to the mic come 2010 and 2012?

#56     Aug 11, 2009
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe this has something to do with it.

#57     Aug 11, 2009
  8. When Obama took office and the markets were down for few months the right was quick to point out that it was because of him. Now since it is going in the other direction shouldn't he get the credit too?

#58     Aug 11, 2009
  9. So because the "right" was wrong then, you're willing to make the same dumb commentary now? I mean, how many shades of "dumb" are we going to look at this through?

#59     Aug 11, 2009
  10. I would consider all projections as highly suspicious at this point. It could go either way or stay similar, with every path possible.

There are so many issues, from Health Care, the economy, terrorism, joblessness, and many other things, no one has a real clue where this will go.

The Dems advantage were partly padded by Blue Dogs - part Dems/part GOPs - ie, conservatives who are Dems, from conservative-leaning states. There is a lot of variables in this.

#60     Aug 11, 2009