2010 Senate Races

Discussion in 'Politics' started by eminitrader007, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Please cite specific policy that was authored in the Congress by Democrats that became law and lead to "the whole thing falling apart" and bringing the economy down from 2007 on.

Thank you.

#21     Aug 8, 2009
  2. Arnie

Arnie

That's true...to a point. I have always felt that deficit spending isn't the big bugaboo eveyone makes it out to be. But you have to consider it in relation to what else is going on.

What we are seeing now is unprecedented in peace time. Maybe it hasn't had an effect in the past, but think about what happens if this should change. I'll give you a hint. When interest rates rise, they almost always go further and faster than anyone thinks possible.

#22     Aug 8, 2009
  3. You do realize that the Economy and financial system was on the precipice of a Great Depression just 6-7 months ago, don't you?

And that the conventional way to get out of such a DEFLATIONARY environment and lack of confidence is to use Keynesian policy?

By the way, you do realize that Bush conveniently ignored accounting for the IRAQ WAR in his budgets, right?

That comes out to $1 TRILLION since the war started as of FY-2010.

Just the Facts.

#23     Aug 8, 2009
  4. I just find it hypocritical when Republicans complain about deficit spending but haven't balanced the budget in the last 3 presidencies. It's similar to talking about family values while having an affair. Both parties spend but liberals think that deficit spending is necessary at times. Looking at the current unemployment numbers it seems the spending is doing what it is supposed to do. Hopefully, in few months the jobs picture will look much better and we will start seeing the return. The dollar is showing some strength too which is basically what I want the most because I like to travel abroad.

We are talking as if Americans are either only conservatives or only liberals but there are enough people in the middle. I used to be one of them but I am more liberal now after the last 8 years. Here is my reason and it's a selfish one.

I love traveling abroad and first went to Europe after high school towards the end of Clinton years. People were friendly to Americans. It was easy to get laid, dollar was strong and I was having the time of my life. I started college in the US and went there few more times and loved it. I went again in 2004 and things were different. People assumed that you were a moron just because our president was one. It was getting harder to get laid once you start talking politics...threesome became just a distant dream. I got robbed by Bush and the neocons.

I heard that things are better now, I just finished my grad school and have been offered a job in HK. I'm going to be 30, single and with money. I just don't want another Republican to come to office and ruin it for me either by being arrogant to the rest of the world or raping the dollar.

#24     Aug 8, 2009
  5. I doubt anyone here has a grasp on how much worse the economy would be had there not been intervention into the credit markets by both administrations. I'm sure I don't have to instruct anyone from this message board on pension funds and
    the gamut of institutional investment; they're the foundation
    that everything rests on. To big to fail is more than just a slogan
    the auditing for which is just too broad to be understood short of
    spending the time to have teams of accountants go over it all.
    I doubt Fox news did anything of the sort. What might have happened? Don't pretend that you have a clue. Let everything fail and watch the dominoes fall like one of those world record shots at it. At some point you have to have faith that someone, how about PHD's, have a better understanding than talk show Pied Pipers.

#25     Aug 8, 2009

6. LOL. FloydLandis does it again. Please explain how invading Iraq in 2003 caused oil to go to $147 in 2007. Libs really are something else. We all know the price of oil has nothing to do with supply and demand it has to do with evil, greedy speculators. Did you forget the lib propaganda line, there Landis?

Landis, you once said that you were a Ron Paul supporter. So as it stands you are pro-Obama, pro-regulation, Ron Paul supporter. Sounds like you are full of shit.

Landis, you don't have to worry about your kids attending my university. Your children wouldn't be accepted.

#26     Aug 8, 2009
  7. Your University?
    So you are admitting that you are still in college right now?
    And what University would that be?

#27     Aug 8, 2009
  8. No, I am not in college idiot.

#28     Aug 8, 2009
  9. Don't worry if you do good on the GED, you'll get into some community college and you can work your way to a regular college. Don't let people say you can't do it because of your age or IQ.

#29     Aug 8, 2009
  10. One of Soros's largest holding was HAL. He started buying it in 2003. His reason was that we have Texas oilmen in the whitehouse and they will write blank checks to the oil company. I guess it worked out good for him at the end.

#30     Aug 8, 2009