2010 Senate Races

Discussion in 'Politics' started by eminitrader007, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Bush took the surplus to a deficit. There is no comparision between him and Obama. Obama inherited the deficit and part of the stimulus was created during Bush years. Majority of the conservatives are drinking Reagan's juice but you seem to be drinking Beck's or Limbaugh's juice. Now kneel down and swallow it. Yeah, you are so strong and able in an anynomous message board.:D

On Bush defense I have to say that he never got to be the real president with Cheney around. I give credit to Bush for not pardoning Libby and that is probably the only honest thing that he did in his 8 years.

#11     Aug 7, 2009
  2. cszulc

cszulc

First of all, Bush took it from surplus to deficit with a war.

Secondly, don't go spewing that crap about inheriting the deficit. There is a lot that could've been done in Obama's first 100 days to reduce it. He added his bogus stimulus package, additional $300+ billion on TARP, and many other spending projects.

How come it took Obama only 6 months, 11 days to add $1 trillion to the national debt, while it the fastest George Bush did it was 2 1/2 years!?!?

#12     Aug 8, 2009
  3. A war fought on false pretenses.

The war in Iraq, in the long haul, might run to over 1 trillion USD. Why not spend US taxpayer money in, gasp, the US, and not someplace else?

#13     Aug 8, 2009
  4. The economy hasn't looked this good in months--read the news already.

Exactly how is it "bogus"? After all, the evidence that Keynesian theory works well during depressions is historically pretty strong.

#14     Aug 8, 2009
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Budget "surplus to a deficit", yes he AND congress did do that.

FY 2009 is from October 2008 through September 2009. So yes BO "inherited" SOME of this years budget deficit. BUT not all of it.

Who are you going to blame for next years projected $3.6 TRILLION deficit?

Still plan on blaming Bush for that?

#15     Aug 8, 2009
  6. Actually didn't Bush inherit the dotcom bust from Clinton. He also inherited al Queda. So he inherited a recession and the worst attack in the US ever, and he guided us through it. He brought about 5 years of economic prosperity and then in Jan 2007 the democrats took over control of Congress and the whole thing fell apart.

#16     Aug 8, 2009
  7. It's true that Bush was selected as the tech bubble was bursting but he was left with a surplus that could have been used to stimulate the economy. Regarding Al Queda and other terrorist organisations, it does not matter who is the president of the US, they are going to try to attack anyway. The main reason BIn Laden wanted to attack the US was because we had our military in Saudi Arabia which happened during Papa Bush. After 911 Bush got shit scared and removed the military from the Saudi Arabia and you guys talk about NOT negotiationg with the terrorist. IF Al Queda attacks again in the US, I think Obama should be held accountable and NOT Bush even though he did not pursue Al Queda.

#17     Aug 8, 2009
  8. Bush did not pursue al queda? LOL. Libs are great. Just say whatever you want and somehow that will make it true. LOL.

#18     Aug 8, 2009
  9. Why would Keynesian Policy be so surprising given that we were on the precipice of a global financial and economic meltdown just 6 months ago?

Bush ran huge deficits and didn't bother to use his veto pen during "good" economic times - - - as opposed to the "Depression" that Obama inherited.

Why would anyone even begin to think that they could compare the two economic climates in regards to Federal spending???

Doesn't make any sense.

#19     Aug 8, 2009
  10. Too funny.

Invading Iraq had nothing to do with crude oil going to $147 per barrel and crippling the U.S. consumer and economy further with a HUGE TAX???

Or was it Bush's good friend Phil Gramm the GOP senator from Texas who spearheaded the "Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000" into law which allowed for west texas intermediate crude oil to trade overseas on electronic exchanges in Dubai and London without any CFTC regulation, or credit default swaps without any SEC regulation?

Once again, your absurd "spin" and complete lack of economic knowledge shows that you are without a doubt, the most IGNORANT poster on ET.

Please tell me what College you are currently attending... I want to make sure that my kids don't go there for their economics department.

:D

#20     Aug 8, 2009