2009: the year of greatness. 10K to 1M. Period.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by greatfire, Jan 10, 2009.

1. :cool:

#21     Jan 11, 2009
  2. greatfire, go back and read PTF's threads they will be of great inspiration. He knows his stuff.

#22     Jan 11, 2009

3. The goal is not impossible, nothing is, BUT not shorting makes this impossible... sorry... This is a Bear Market, remember?

#23     Jan 11, 2009
  4. I think the goal is impossible for several different reasons (including the one that you listed).

But I sure hope he makes it, and by that same token, I hope he doesn't turn tail and run away if he fails (like everyoe else who fails to meet their wildley overstated goals on ET). :eek: :D

#24     Jan 11, 2009
  5. this isn't impossible at all because gf didn't put a time limit on himself. Or by saying the year of greatness does that imply he will do it in a year? I thought he meant its a great year because he is starting this adventure. :confused:

#25     Jan 11, 2009
  6. No time limit.

This is the year that I turn things around, and make great moves forward.

It's a dawn of a new era in my life!

I'm going to do this as quickly, but as steadily as possible..

#26     Jan 11, 2009
  7. Absolutely... I think he'd do better with a good trader on c2.

#27     Jan 11, 2009
  8. Buy 40 of the JUN 09 SPX puts contracts at the 400 strike. When the S&P hits 150, bam!, you have your 1 mil. Take the rest of the year off.:cool:

#28     Jan 11, 2009
  9. Lisa11

Lisa11

The information you have provided is new to me. Thank's for it.
    Lisa11

#29     Jan 12, 2009
  10. Sorry to be downbeat, but you will lose all your money. If not, at least half. First of all, just listing the stocks you plan on trading tells me you have no idea what sectors are moving, weak strong, etc,. you are laying lotterey tickets. And even if u win, youre lottery ticket may take you to 50k, and not more. Second just by sayig this is 2009 and the year of greatness, tells me you don't pay attention much to markets and wha been going on in last oneth and half. 11k to 1mm in 2009?

Silly...volitility is down big. Trading patterns of late are all-day- grinds. And unless you are 100% correct on market direction for the day, you will be in an all-day-pain. Third, saying you plan not to short? Tells me you you have no idea what is going on. This is a bear market, and realizing that and trading according to bear market gives you a 60%edge. Post your performance at end of month and let's see where you are at. Last, trading penny stocks means 95
    % you are on all cash. Gluck, but I doubt it.

#30     Jan 12, 2009