2006 Maybach 57S w/36k miles: Was $385k new; Yours for $169k, Or Less!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ByLoSellHi, May 5, 2009.

1. I don't like anything used. I had bad experiences with used cars and that is something I shall not try again.

#11     May 6, 2009

2. you need to know the market and product inside and out. if not you will get ripped on the secondary market in both cars and watches. however, with knowledge, its the only way to buy these ridiculously overpriced trinkets like high end cars and watches.

surf

#12     May 6, 2009
  3. You would need to have dealer friends to know the market "inside and out"

#13     May 6, 2009
  4. The higher end the car, the better the deal at wholesale auction right now.

This statement comes directly from the mouth of someone whom I know from past business who has the largest towing company in the area, and regularly deals with auction/repossessed vehicles.

#14     May 6, 2009
  5. an S600 is not about making it. it's not really a "wow" car. the average person on the street would not know it's a > $100k car. this is too subtle a car to be an "i just made it" car.

the "making it" car would have to be some type of exotic such as ferrari, lamborghini, bentley, zonda, RR, mclauren etc. those truly embody the "i made it, asshole" spirit.

#15     May 6, 2009
  6. Bugatti Veyron is the new 'I have arrived, and I have a large cock,' vehicle of choice.

#16     May 6, 2009
  7. It pays to buy a car when it is 2 or 3 years old, eh? Let the showboats buy at the top and carry the steep front end of the depreciation curve. :D

#17     May 6, 2009

8. absolutely, we finally agree.

surf:D

#18     May 6, 2009
  9. I was thinking the same thing. Scary, isn't it? :)

#19     May 6, 2009