2006 Blue Ribbon Hedge Fund Symposium - The premier Meeting Place for Fund Managers

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Bond-Speculator, Jul 5, 2006.

Have you ever attended the Blue Ribbon Hedge Fund Symposium?

1. Yes....Learned a great deal

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Yes....Was not worth my time

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. No....but I've heard good things about it

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. No...I heard it was a complete waste of time

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. No...

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Anyone else going to this thing? It's being held at the Waldorf Astoria in Manhattan, NY.

Here is a link to info about the event

http://www.srinstitute.com/conf_page.cfm?instance_id=25&web_id=826&pid=433

Anyone ever go to this symposium in previous years? Can you tell me what it is like?

They are supposed to talk about the yield curve this year so I bought a ticket to the eventsince I trade the Yield Curve....

Cheers

2. Yeah, I'll be there if anyone wants to grab a drink. First time for me as well.

3. hmmm ... what about "hedgestock" the mega event that happened last month in the UK ?

anyone here go to it ?

4. Don't like travelling to UK. I've heard of that event but do not know much about it.

5. as a CAIA member you can go to these events either for free or at 20% discounts, if they dont have any free passes left.

6. I will look into becoming a member. However, the 2006 blue ribbon symposium is not one of the events that you can get into for free. I believe hedge fund managers would still have to pay the entrance fee. Please correct me if I am wrong...

7. i'll buy you a drink, risk.

however, i dont see you on the list. are you staying at the waldorf?

surf

8. BSAM will be there :D

I gotta try to get cozy with the SMD :D

9. Plaza or Four Seasons on 57th. I don't think my Bro has made the arrangements as of yet. Procrastinator that he is.

10. there are over 100 of these thing a year. why did you pick this one to travel to from so far away?

surf:confused:

#10     Jul 5, 2006