2004 State Tax Rankings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by waggie945, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually Waggie, I'm not that happy about it. It should be earlier. Taxes are slavery my friend. This year Tax Freedom day falls on April 11th. Three weeks earlier then the all time high Bill Clinton made 4 years ago. It is a disgrace that people in this country have to work 3 months and 11 days without pay as 100% of this money goes to the Government. And this is for the avg person. People in the top tax brackets remain in shackles enslaved by the government until well into July!!!!! Waggie, when are we going to end this slavery? When I ask you?

#11     Apr 12, 2004
  2. I'm with ya buddy 100%.
    It's amazing that we have to work OVER 3 months in order to pay our tax liability . . . that's just plain crazy!

#12     Apr 12, 2004
  3. jem

jem

grant noble said in his books peasants revolted against kings if it went over 20%. If memory serves me well.

#13     Apr 12, 2004
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Unfortunately, (especially since the "dumbing-down" of America) I doubt that in this country, or most any other country, even the 20% figure would motivate a majority of the people to rise up. The "Animal Farm" (George Orwell) mentality has permeated throughout most societies. Different world out there today. People are scared to death of governments.

And, while we're on the general subject, one more of my two cents worth: The IRS SUCKS!

#14     Apr 12, 2004
  5. You ain't seen nothin' yet, Shaggie. If Kerrey gets into office, it'll be 5 months! :D

#15     Apr 12, 2004
  6. Well, I think that anyone wasting even 5% on state tax should move.. move to beautiful las vegas...

At 10% of only $120K per year, you're paying $1,000 a month that could be better spent on a house/car/retirement/dating///

And, yes, I would like to see the other states listed as well.

Don

#16     Apr 12, 2004
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wow, for once, I am 100% behind Don on this one. Watch out Waggie!

#17     Apr 12, 2004
  8. cartm

cartm

9. Many of us have "other" residences/offices at Stateline and up at Tahoe precisely for the reason that you mention, not too mention the great skiing and snowboarding.

This is nothing new to Californians, especially those of us in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Cheers!

#19     Apr 14, 2004
  10. Your post doesn't make a whole lotta sense. Why waste paying 5% paying state tax when one can move to LV and 10%?

Now wonder I hear such "great stories" about bucket shops.

#20     Apr 14, 2004