$2000 Daily...? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EminitraderDM, Oct 5, 2008.

1. <i>"Ive traded the E-mini's since 2000 and Scalp anywhere from 50-500 contracts at a time."</i>

That in itself is the root of your problem. Start trading for several handles instead of tick scalps, and you'll reach much higher levels of success in a flash.

#31     Oct 5, 2008
  2. What would you suggest? I would love to be able to find a mentor of some sort to set me up and point me in the right direction. However that seems like one of the most difficult things to do...

#32     Oct 5, 2008
  3. If you're able to find a mentor who's actually a successful trader, you're luckier than 99% of us. But that won't make you a successful trader.

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, I learned to trade through trial and error, enduring lots of painful losses etc. I never paper traded before though, so I do not know how effective that is.

#33     Oct 5, 2008
  4. My oh my... you don't come around often, the site is worthless, you don't come here to brag, you don't need affirmation, blah blah blah.

News pal... whether you are bored or not, if you are what you say you are, you would not post such a disgust-filled, self-righteous response. Your philanthropic self should be very ashamed.

And for the record, no one requested so-called "proof" of your trading or experience.

And so goes the self proclaimed professional trader, with his T1 line and his leased seats into the closing bell.

Osorico

#34     Oct 5, 2008
  5. LOL.. You are right, no one cares about you...so stop with the bullshit.

:p

#35     Oct 6, 2008
  6. <i>"If you're able to find a mentor who's actually a successful trader, you're luckier than 99% of us. But that won't make you a successful trader.

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, I learned to trade through trial and error, enduring lots of painful losses etc. I never paper traded before though, so I do not know how effective that is."</i>

I've never seen any other hobby or profession where everyone expects free mentoring as a realistic probability. Where are all the free mentors teaching poker, blackjack, sportsbetting or any traditional professions on earning money?

Free education set aside, mnay will point you toward various threads in this forum as resources. Here you are, might as well begin there. Three main points to keep in mind:

#1: Mindless, black & white mechanical systems do not work forever. Some never work at all, most only work for awhile. Living proof of that are myriad hedge funds dropping dead right now as their computer bots puke while the quants fondle their pocket protectors in hopeless confusion.

Long-term successful emini trading cannot be mechanized by most people. It can be readily learned by anyone and implemented by some. Learning to measure price action and determine probable direction next is not an art or talent, it is merely a learned skill.

#2: The learning curve is gradual, contains more steps = stages and will take longer than you wish or hope. This profession is not mastered easily, and no one can teach anyone else to "trade like a pro in hours". Give yourself time to learn, no self-imposed deadlines or expectations.

#3: Key to success is built on a profit / loss ratio that yields at least a +2 to -1 return over time. Losses bigger than wins will result in eventual ruin, period. Countless posters have passed thru here proclaiming otherwise, yet never show proof of success and soon disappear.

Scalping for tiny gains is also wasted effort. Focus your trading on capturing points = handles instead of ticks. That's where the easiest money awaits in a very challenging profession.

#36     Oct 6, 2008
  7. moarla

moarla

the real question is, HOW MUCH YOU CAN MAKE ON A SINGLE CONTRACT.
    I would like to hear answers to this Q.

(with 10 contracts 2000USD is a joke :) )

#37     Oct 6, 2008
  8. <i>"the real question is, HOW MUCH YOU CAN MAKE ON A SINGLE CONTRACT. I would like to hear answers to this Q."</i>

There are no definitive answers to that question. That's like asking how many fish can you catch, or how many apples can you pick. Logical deduction makes that an easy answer.

Only raw newbies fixate on maximizing performance on a single contract. When a trader starts to think about consistency while adding contract size, only then have they begun the stage of a professional trader. Newbies = lone contract mentality.

#38     Oct 6, 2008
  9. moarla

moarla

thats bullshit. My minimum is 1000 single contract. If i trade 10 or 100, my minimum still is 1000/contract. so with 10 my minimum is 10.000 and with 100 is 100.000.
    I dont change my trading style with the amount of contracts i trade.
    You can tell me also how much ticks or points you make on a single contract . Thats opk for me too...

:)))

#39     Oct 6, 2008
  10. <i>"thats bullshit. My minimum is 1000 single contract. If i trade 10 or 100, my minimum still is 1000/contract"</i>

You're right about the b.s. part... lots of that visible here. Congrats on your +20pt ES daily average per contract, even during times when the intraday range is <12pts wide. Insert the excuse(s) next on why you'd never post a real trade blotter in the P&L thread showing such outstanding performance.

#40     Oct 6, 2008