$200 Million per Day For Mumbai Trip

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Sorry, but I expected better from you after our recent pact.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/obamas-mumbai-stay-recognition-of-indias-economic-power/703242/

http://www.economywatch.com/world_economy/usa/indo-usa-trade-relation.html

Please read the entirety of the second link. Then you'll understand India's growing importance to US trade.

As an aside, where was all the outrage when Bush was traveling abroad on government business? I don't recall any. Do you? And how about Clinton? Or any other US president for that matter.

#41     Nov 5, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

I stand corrected, i never would have guessed the imbalance was in our favour.

One thing is for sure though, this relationship will keep shifting in indias favour over time. Infact i would love to see a trend line of that.

I still dont understand why politicians need to jet set around the world on tax payers dollars at the cost of millions of dollars a day and i will never understand that. And i did not mean to sound rude and dont understand why you percieved it like that.

#42     Nov 5, 2010
  3. Mnphats

Mnphats

Not sure where you are going with this?

The same people that put us in the situation we have today are the people that wrote bill.

#43     Nov 5, 2010
  4. You weren't rude to me. I just wished your arguments would have more substance. They sometimes do, but not always. I absolutely do think you should criticize Obama whenever his conduct warrants criticism. Every politician should be criticized where warranted. But not across the board and without giving a second thought to the source of the "information." That's the job of drones and hit men, and there are already plenty of those to go around.

I will admit that I am very critical of the Republican party. But I usually have what I believe to be a legitimate reason. And yes, I engage in a fair amount of drive-bys with some of the assholes here. But they're assholes who get what they give.

#44     Nov 5, 2010
  5. Hello

Hello

I said from the get go it doesnt matter if it is a few million or 200 million, my thoughts originally had nothing to do with the source of information.

My second part was thinking we had a negative trade imbalance with india, and quite frankly i was blown away by the fact that india imports more from us then we do from them, i would have never guessed that in a million years, though the imbalance is only going to worsen over time. Like i said before i stand corrected.

#45     Nov 5, 2010
  6. Actually, I believe that the US currently imports more from India than it exports to it. However, India is an important and growing economy, and trips to promote better trade with it can only serve to help the American economy. Besides, the trip is a four-country engagement:

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-52652320101103

#46     Nov 5, 2010
  7. Hello

Hello

I stand corrected again, My initial assumption was correct, i misread the article.

#47     Nov 5, 2010